7 replies to this topic

#1 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,163 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 04:19 PM

I've just posted a review of the TBX1 MIDI tuning box from H-Pi instruments on the main site. Usual link, bottom of every page on site.

I have had the device for a year and contributed a fair bit to the guitar development side with hair loss and blood pressure.

In addition I've also posted 3 files for use with the TBX1, allowing you to retune your guitar to 19TET as a standard tuned EADGBE or an all fourths EADGCF or an open minor seventh tuning EACEGA.

You could of course invent or adapt any tuning, its a very quick and easy way to try out those exotic multiple fret tempered tuning ideas.

Happy Easter
Play the blues guitar with your soul, but play the fretless guitar with your spirit.
Author of the book "Fretless Guitar The Definitive Guide" fretlessguitar.co.uk

#2 Kai

Kai

Lesser Gaggle

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 05:32 PM

I've just posted a review of the TBX1 MIDI tuning box from H-Pi instruments on the main site. Usual link, bottom of every page on site.

I have had the device for a year and contributed a fair bit to the guitar development side with hair loss and blood pressure.

In addition I've also posted 3 files for use with the TBX1, allowing you to retune your guitar to 19TET as a standard tuned EADGBE or an all fourths EADGCF or an open minor seventh tuning EACEGA.

You could of course invent or adapt any tuning, its a very quick and easy way to try out those exotic multiple fret tempered tuning ideas.

Happy Easter

Hey thanks! Seems to do in hardware what L'il Miss Scale Oven does in (Mac-only) software. I guess we hadn't heard about before because you signed an NDA?
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side..." - Hunter S. Thompson
C# Orchestra on Soundcloud

#3 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,163 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 05:38 PM

Hey thanks! Seems to do in hardware what L'il Miss Scale Oven does in (Mac-only) software. I guess we hadn't heard about before because you signed an NDA?

Well it took about three months to get everything working correctly, then there was Summer and Christmas. :)
Play the blues guitar with your soul, but play the fretless guitar with your spirit.

#4 Newbie Brad

Newbie Brad

Lesser Gaggle

• Hon Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 06:07 PM

You're on the leading edge Jah, that's great!
www.3pupsmusic.com

www.facebook.com/3pupsmusic

www.reverbnation.com/3pupsmusic

www.youtube.com/3pupsmusic

www.cafepress.com/3pupsmusic

www.archive.org/search.php?query=3pupsmusic

#5 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,163 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 08:18 PM

You're on the leading edge Jah, that's great!

Teetering on the edge, more like! :)

#6 Guest_Rebelllicious!_*

Guest_Rebelllicious!_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2008 - 05:37 PM

Great work Jah!
I am waiting on a Beta version of some of their software based on Catler's recommendation.

#7 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,163 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 09:36 PM

Great work Jah!
I am waiting on a Beta version of some of their software based on Catler's recommendation.

Rebellicioustitties - Catler approved!!!

Their stuff is fun and Aaron is very helpful. :unsure:

#8 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,163 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 02:58 PM

I've recently been working with the TBX-1 and the new firmware.

Its really very good and well worth upgrading.

I've also updated files and patches on the main site to work with the new CSE programming software.

The files are basically to take a normally tuned MIDI guitar and instantly turn it into a 19TET tuned monster.

Tunings available are:

Normal - E A D G B E
Fourths - E A D G C F
Open Minor 7th - E A C E G A
Accidental - E G Bb Db E G

The accidental tuning is new and great for chords.

I've also included a zip of all the CSE example files reprogrammed for guitar synths with a bend range of +/-24 semitones.

It will save you a couple of hours grief. :)

All on the main site at: TBX1 Tuning Box

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users