559 replies to this topic

#1 gazmungus

gazmungus

Lesser Gaggle

• Bollocksician
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 06:33 PM

As for cycling, I am a fanatic biker (with pedals) and know all about wind here in the dunes. In the winter is freezing and when I have to stop for a "pit stop" I can't find my wily, it becomes sooooo small! I hate it! I was born in Mexico where I lived 18 years so I'm more of a Tropical man. But I love Europe and The Netherlands, I've been here almost 19 years and I haven't gotten used to the weather!!!java script:emoticon(':wub:')

Willem

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So c'mon then, any more idiot cyclists here?

I know Jim does downhill, I swing both ways, as in road/mountain and Jeff is a 1 inch shorter former MTB pioneer.

The coldest I've bike in was about -14 but it's no problem with the hills, I just wait until my heart rate gets up 170-180 and I just sit in my own sweat....

I may bike it from north of Danmark for the festival - time permitting......

_
garyhelm

:)
<a href="http://www.gazmungus.com/" target="_blank">www.gazmungus.com</a>

#2 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,163 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 11:21 PM

Ha Ha,

With all that gear on your back and other stuff in a trailer?

Get a support team in a van.

With one of them sports massage girls to get the lactic acid out of your legs. :wub:

One inch shorter and several inches wider!!!!

I'm 20 kilos up on previous bike fitness, did get my old lycra out Sunday for a bit of a razzle but the missus fainted at the sight and we ended up going for a walk instead.

No matter, I'm on a fitness binge which might have to start tomorrow after tonight's mega-lasagne and garlic bread washed down with red wine, lager and scotch.

Jah
Play the blues guitar with your soul, but play the fretless guitar with your spirit.
Author of the book "Fretless Guitar The Definitive Guide" fretlessguitar.co.uk

#3 Guest_gazzza_*

Guest_gazzza_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2006 - 09:48 AM

I woz thinking about posting the guitar on ahead, and showing up just me, my lycra and a total lack of personal hygiene........:)

Last time I did it on loaded touring bikes with the GF, and it took days - it would be interesting to see what time I could do on my own, just me and the carbon fibre steed, c1000km?

I actually get most lactic acid build up in my groin...... so the massage girl idea is fair enough :(

On a useful note, my advice to guys who want to shed some wobbly bits - use your desire for technical gadgets! Buy a heart rate monitor to tell you how many calories you can burn in a work out, and a book that tells you how many calories in this and that grub!

And you'll then start exercising purely to allow free calories for your beer binges! :blush: :whistling:

it worked for me

you have to burn off about 10 000 cals to dump 1 kg - thats about 50 pints worth! :D

or c40 hours brisk walking - hence going uphill on a bike.

_
gary

I'd advise such a feast as Lasagne or curry on the last day of the dutch festival to make your strip search as much of a pleasant ordeal as possible for the customs officers..... :P

#4 Guest_gazzza_*

Guest_gazzza_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2006 - 09:52 AM

Just to rub it in,

using the maths that I used in my last post,

you'd have to skip the next 10000 pints to go down the 20kg!

:blush:

sorry dude

:(

#5 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,163 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 10:02 AM

10,000 pints, I'd have to give up beer until Liverpool becomes the European city of culture!

Already got the heart rate monitor, my last one was lost, but then I found it on the bike handlebars with a dead battery and the transmitter belt out of power.

This new one's quite sweet, its got an altimeter so you can see how high you are, a positive advantage in Amsterdam. :blush:

Good advice on the curry, I'd almost forgotten the obligatory strip search on returning from Schipol.

Jah :(
Play the blues guitar with your soul, but play the fretless guitar with your spirit.

#6 rob

rob

Lesser Gaggle

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 06:43 PM

Here's my weight loss advice. One day, when I was working in the land of cubes, I removed everything from my cubical except my computer. Everything, including my chair and phone.

I lost 45 pounds and they raised my salary by 30%.

#7 Guest_gazzza_*

Guest_gazzza_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2006 - 07:30 PM

:blush:

excellent!

sometimes I wish I'd had a cubicle in some of the gaffs I've played in......

getting an altimeter in the new gps system - I need it around here! - more non guitar related cash outlay that's not booze either...... :(

_
gary

#8 Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy

Lesser Gaggle

• Mexicanician
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 09:14 AM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quote]

So c'mon then, any more idiot cyclists here?

I know Jim does downhill,
_
garyhelm

:vomit:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quote]

Yea Jim could be here a heroe in downhilling, right, in Holland!! :vomit: :vomit: :wacko:

#9 Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy

Lesser Gaggle

• Mexicanician
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 09:17 AM

I may bike it from north of Danmark for the festival - time permitting......

_
garyhelm

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quote]

You know how cyclist are always freaking about every gram they spare with all this extremely expensive bikes!!
Well, you will save some weight if you bring your fretless! How much weight do you spare without frets?? :vomit: :vomit: :wacko: :wacko:

#10 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,163 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 09:46 AM

I think I bought a titanium seat bolt once.

#11 Guest_gazza_*

Guest_gazza_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2006 - 10:19 AM

titanium seat bolt? :wacko:

Fret pulling? With my road bike, it's not the bike that's got the weight problem! It's currently just under 8kg, and it would probs cost about 1000 + to get it down another half kilo......

It's me! I'm too heavy, I'd have to lose my bike weight and some if I were to compete! The guys on the TDF who are 170 - 175 cm are usually about 60kg - and I'm 70 with absolute minimum body fat!

been looking for a pic of hot naked women on bikes, no luck yet.....

_
gary

can't bike today - too much snow :vomit:

#12 Guest_gazzza_*

Guest_gazzza_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2006 - 10:53 AM

rather than clogging up the festival thread.....

Posted Image

I like the one on the far right, great motion!

sexist barstards :vomit:

#13 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,163 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 01:34 PM

Well really, I am surprised, no spectators!

Couldn't they sell tickets?

Was it free beer at the pub day?

#14 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2006 - 01:46 PM

and there aint no bumps and potholes in the road.......

I must admit that would win easily if I had a choice between there and a fretless featival

#15 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,163 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 02:12 PM

Don't worry, Willem has booked the girls for an official cycle past and some have expressed an interest in MAV's bananas. :vomit:

J

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users