#1 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,163 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 05:18 PM

Hi all,

Didn't really want to confess to this but my output has been very low for the past couple of weeks due to a bizarre garden accident.

I was tidying away stuff for winter when on slippery wooden garden steps, no warning, went down like a bullet, really lucky not to have broken anything. The old right hand did swell up to an amazing size though, and one of the fingers.

Left me feeling a bit old and doddery; "He's had a bit of a fall." as they say at the old folks home.

So it was the right hand, the mouse hand, the writing Xmas card hand, lifting beer mug hand, completely out of action, just about starting to get some strength back.

So for all of you wondering why Jeff is more lazy / lax / slow / befuddled than usual, now you know.

But I do have some time off work now, so may start catching up.

Jah
Play the blues guitar with your soul, but play the fretless guitar with your spirit.
Author of the book "Fretless Guitar The Definitive Guide" fretlessguitar.co.uk

#2 rob

rob

Lesser Gaggle

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 07:40 PM

Hi all,

Didn't really want to confess to this but my output has been very low for the past couple of weeks due to a bizarre garden accident.

I was tidying away stuff for winter when on slippery wooden garden steps, no warning, went down like a bullet, really lucky not to have broken anything. The old right hand did swell up to an amazing size though, and one of the fingers.

Left me feeling a bit old and doddery; "He's had a bit of a fall." as they say at the old folks home.

So it was the right hand, the mouse hand, the writing Xmas card hand, lifting beer mug hand, completely out of action, just about starting to get some strength back.

So for all of you wondering why Jeff is more lazy / lax / slow / befuddled than usual, now you know.

But I do have some time off work now, so may start catching up.

Jah

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry to hear this. We can't have the impresario of the fretless out of action for too long.

You sure it wasn't the gnomes? They can be pretty sneaky.

A couple of years ago, I was redoing some flooring. I was down on my knees for a couple of days (cue Gazza). I ended up with my feet being numb for about three weeks. I felt so old and feeble. After I felt better, I was able to convince myself it was my shoes and not my age.

I hope you get back to normal soon.

Rob

#3 transient

transient

Lesser Gaggle

• Hon Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 07:52 PM

Slippery floors! :rolleyes: Maybe it's about time to launch unslippery.com as a companion to unfretted.

Get well soon.

e
No guitars were harmed during the collection of the information presented in this post.
Can't say the same thing for frets though...

#4 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,163 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 11:05 PM

Slippery floors! :rolleyes: Maybe it's about time to launch unslippery.com as a companion to unfretted.

Get well soon.

e

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yea, and MAV could supply the banana skins!

Thanks for the good wishes guys, now to crank the site up some more.

Jah
Play the blues guitar with your soul, but play the fretless guitar with your spirit.

#5 Guest_Barheed Mandola_*

Guest_Barheed Mandola_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2005 - 12:39 AM

Jahloon,

Hoping repected injuries are healing and you soon back normal.

My apologies about camel,

Thanks,

Bahreed

#6 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,163 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 09:16 AM

Jahloon,
Hoping respected injuries are healing and you are soon back normal.
My apologies about the camel,
Thanks,
Bahreed

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ha Ha,

The camel is OK,

Jah :rolleyes:

#7 thejim

thejim

Lesser Gaggle

• Bollocksician
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 10:30 AM

Its not your age pal, I regularly stack it in embarassing ways and feel like an octagenarian for a few weeks. I'm still in my twenties! I find a spam poultice and a strict diet of Guiness and pickled eggs normally picks me up in no time.

Get well soon.
You're a grotesque, ugly freak and you're wrong. Thankyou.
http://myspace.com/fearsomegonad

#8 rob

rob

Lesser Gaggle

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 12:46 PM

Its not your age pal, I regularly stack it in embarassing ways and feel like an octagenarian for a few weeks.  I'm still in my twenties!  I find a spam poultice and a strict diet of Guiness and pickled eggs normally picks me up in no time.

Get well soon.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Brussel sprouts I picked-up last year. This year I see pickled eggs everywhere. Is this another Christmas traditional food? Or, did some company just make way too many pickled eggs?

I have tried the pickled eggs. There isn't enough salt in the world to offset the sour. Other than that, they taste surprisingly good.

Rob

#9 Guest_gazzza_*

Guest_gazzza_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2005 - 01:19 PM

Bloody hell - gardening accident?

serves you right for gardening :lol: .

To concrete and paving slab the bloody lot would lead to less work and a more safe drinking environment.

So does the injury qualify for bed baths with Nursey then? :P

If its any consellation I wiped out on me MTB last week and did me wrist in - but I went to bed with a hot water bottle on it and all was fine, just a bit numb - I only missed 1 afternoon's practise. I certainly heal better now being fit and ripped in my mid 30s than when I was a fat, drunken, heavy smoker in my late 20s.....

:o

Pickled eggs and brussels!

that'll keep the old trouser trumpet in tune! what?

toot! :D

_
gazza

DON'T give pickled eggs to the camel now! :P

#10 Newbie Brad

Newbie Brad

Lesser Gaggle

• Hon Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 03:56 PM

Eat lots of kim chi and watch the recovery.
www.3pupsmusic.com

www.facebook.com/3pupsmusic

www.reverbnation.com/3pupsmusic

www.youtube.com/3pupsmusic

www.cafepress.com/3pupsmusic

www.archive.org/search.php?query=3pupsmusic

#11 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,163 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 04:10 PM

Bloody hell - gardening accident?

So does the injury qualify for bed baths with Nursey then? :o

If its any consellation I wiped out on me MTB last week and did me wrist in - but I went to bed with a hot water bottle on it and all was fine, just a bit numb - I only missed 1 afternoon's practise. I certainly heal better now being fit and ripped in my mid 30s than when I was a fat, drunken, heavy smoker in my late 20s.....

Pickled eggs and brussels!
that'll keep the old trouser trumpet in tune! what?
DON'T give pickled eggs to the camel now! :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not gardening dear boy, an accident in the garden. Packing away the chairs etc. for the winter.
Does not qualify for sympathy as the missus told us not to bother doing it.

BTW was a bit of an MTB pioneer, started in 1987, when all you could buy was Muddy Fox and that had to be ordered specially.

Speaking of accidents I broke my back in 3 places catching some serious air on a downhill. Split the helmet in half (missus). Was in Nov 1990 and the doctor on the ward introduced himself with a "What have we here? A Thirty Five year old man fallen off his Mountain Bike?" (restrained giggling from the rest of the ward) "If his back's the problem, why am I looking at an x-ray of a broken wrist?" I had to explain that was from a wipeout in the summer and then endure a lecture on the dangers of not having stabilizers etc.

No lasting probs though, with the exception of being about an inch shorter. :P

(missus) :lol:

Pickled eggs - very dangerous, but combined with Brussels?!*!?

IF you smoke, don't spark up in a confined space.

Jah :D

#12 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,163 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 04:14 PM

Eat lots of kim chi and watch the recovery.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Who's this Kim Chi then?

#13 Newbie Brad

Newbie Brad

Lesser Gaggle

• Hon Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 03:11 AM

Usually pickled, smells.
www.3pupsmusic.com

www.facebook.com/3pupsmusic

www.reverbnation.com/3pupsmusic

www.youtube.com/3pupsmusic

www.cafepress.com/3pupsmusic

www.archive.org/search.php?query=3pupsmusic

#14 Kai

Kai

Lesser Gaggle

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 03:23 AM

Usually pickled, smells.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Spicy pungent Korean Cole Slaw might be another way to put it. Cabbage pickled along with mucho eye-watering red peppers, stuck in an earthen jar and buried in the ground for relative eons to ripen. (Though these days probably mass-produced in a Daewoo or Hyundai factory. :P ) Ubiquitous side dish in any self-respecting Korean BBQ joint. Not for the weak of stomach.
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side..." - Hunter S. Thompson
C# Orchestra on Soundcloud

#15 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,163 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 08:55 AM

Usually pickled, smells.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Spicy pungent Korean Cole Slaw might be another way to put it. Cabbage pickled along with mucho eye-watering red peppers, stuck in an earthen jar and buried in the ground for relative eons to ripen. (Though these days probably mass-produced in a Daewoo or Hyundai factory. :D ) Ubiquitous side dish in any self-respecting Korean BBQ joint. Not for the weak of stomach.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow! and I thought I'd eaten everything.

Have I got this right? It cures physical ailments, makes you blow off and is hot and spicy!

:P

Jah

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users