159 replies to this topic

#1 gazmungus

gazmungus

Lesser Gaggle

• Bollocksician
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 06:12 AM

A while ago, I slapped together a guitar out of odds and ends in some thread or another....

to see said guitar - go to the new gallery thread or check avatar...

This guitar was used on my track on the village cd just after a rebuild and a daft paint job which seemed to rob the guitar of any sustain/character that it had before (besides I'm sick of looking at it - it's f*** ugly)

so therefore I'm entertaining any imaginative/creative/brilliant/stupid suggestions as to what to do with it now -

results will be extremely funny - guaranteed

not to mention caught on video

_
gary

mustn't let the partner find out, she has a name for it! <_<
<a href="http://www.gazmungus.com/" target="_blank">www.gazmungus.com</a>

#2 thejim

thejim

Lesser Gaggle

• Bollocksician
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 02:03 PM

Why not feed it to one of those nutters that eat light bulbs and bike parts? I seem to remember one of them ate a plane. Your guitar should be easy!

Or get Uhri Geller to bend it!
You're a grotesque, ugly freak and you're wrong. Thankyou.
http://myspace.com/fearsomegonad

#3 Kai

Kai

Lesser Gaggle

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 02:05 PM

so therefore I'm entertaining any imaginative/creative/brilliant/stupid suggestions as to what to do with it now -

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Repaint it pink?
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side..." - Hunter S. Thompson
C# Orchestra on Soundcloud

#4 chrissh

chrissh

Known Gaggle

• Hon Member
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 09:39 PM

Add a few more strings!

Posted Image

#5 transient

transient

Lesser Gaggle

• Hon Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 10:51 PM

Re-string it with the heaviest strings you have, and tune it up till it gets folded in two <_<

e
No guitars were harmed during the collection of the information presented in this post.
Can't say the same thing for frets though...

#6 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,163 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 11:09 PM

Add a few more strings!

Posted Image

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Gazza, bet you couldn't stick that one up your jacksy. --j
Play the blues guitar with your soul, but play the fretless guitar with your spirit.
Author of the book "Fretless Guitar The Definitive Guide" fretlessguitar.co.uk

#7 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,163 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 11:19 PM

As for the fate of the orange one.

As it has a sort of compass pointy thing about it, why not saw up the points of the compass and post them to far off places with an instructional ritual of disposition, hopefully involving some sort of ritualistic sacrifice, then at some later point a poncy director can make a film about it and if all the bits are brought together with the correct amount of pigeon's blood it will bring about the end of the world as we know it.

I'm feeling better already.

--j
Play the blues guitar with your soul, but play the fretless guitar with your spirit.

#8 gazmungus

gazmungus

Lesser Gaggle

• Bollocksician
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 08:16 AM

Hey Gazza, bet you couldn't stick that one up your jacksy. --j

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<_<

I'd probably die trying! and you'd never wipe the smirk off of my face...

The truth be known I just want to reuse the hardware somewhere else... I never miss an opportunity to be an idiot though....

I like the compass idea, but I'd hate the poncey director and I'd probably want to punch him.

That Metheney guitar is something else isn't it? I had thought of adding more of something to the guitar but they won't let me have plastic explosives.. (or most sharp objects for that matter)

Nice idea to collapse it with string tension - something I've always wanted to do with a guitar, but the problem with this one is that there's an 8mm thick threaded steel bar that runs from the bridge to the headstock joint...... Doh!

As far as painting it pink is concerned I had a bad enough time trying to paint the bloody thing orange - with the body wood shrinking and warping whenever it dried leaving a mottled cellulite effect - nice!

I'd love to see one of those nutters try and eat it, do you have a phone number?
But then, my ex was a big fat lump that would eat everything, maybe she'd choke on it? :D

_
gary

the hunt goes on....

on a different note, is there any chance we could have the green chap that's going to blow chunks as a emoticon to use in text?

#9 rob

rob

Lesser Gaggle

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 05:13 PM

How about a "viking" funeral at sea? It would involve lots of drinking and fire and the ocean.

#10 Kai

Kai

Lesser Gaggle

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 05:34 PM

How about a "viking" funeral at sea?  It would involve lots of drinking and fire and the ocean.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey, a chance to dress up in smelly furs and horned helmets and say "skoal" a lot - I like it!
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side..." - Hunter S. Thompson
C# Orchestra on Soundcloud

#11 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,163 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 10:33 PM

on a different note, is there any chance we could have the green chap that's going to blow chunks as a emoticon to use in text?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Added a few more emoticons but the green guy is playing hard to get. --j

#12 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,163 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 10:40 PM

Perhaps it should end its life as a performance piece. Dragged behind your bike with a portable amp strapped to your back. You may get a grant to do this kind of thing. :rolleyes: --j

#13 rob

rob

Lesser Gaggle

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 10:54 PM

You could put him in like this Posted Image.

His path is

http://www.unfretted...icons/icon8.gif

My wife thinks this forum has the cutest smilies.

#14 gazmungus

gazmungus

Lesser Gaggle

• Bollocksician
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 05:42 AM

Ahhhhhhh! so, to parade the little bolemic green fella you just do the img thing?

like....

Posted Image

cool!

years ago, back home, we killed a strat copy by dragging it behind a mini metro - never laughed so hard! - I had though of doing something with the bike, and I have a pignose amp just waiting to create wailing feedback....

but as the viking burial involves alcohol I have to lean towards that - but we're not alowed any fires here 'cause I'm up by the forest :rolleyes:

we'll see.....

_
gary

new grems to play with :D

fanks J...

#15 thejim

thejim

Lesser Gaggle

• Bollocksician
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 12:39 PM

Just had a thought, Fargo style wood chipper death? That would be metal.
You're a grotesque, ugly freak and you're wrong. Thankyou.
http://myspace.com/fearsomegonad

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users