• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 07:01 PM

Well it's already up to 180 so I'm out.
People sure do love those Neck Thrus  : p

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your last chance!

Next week I'll have my last LINED JUNK fretless. It'll be your LAST CHANCE to get a CHEAP with FIXED CHIP CHIP! :wub:

To me, replacing the whole fingerboard is faster than defretting it. I just had my vacuum oven built, of course it is much smaller than those in some of the guitar plants but sure mine works better than theirs. Well.. from now on I don't have to wait 5 years to air dry a fingerboard, then I'll have enough fingerboards. You better put your reading glasses on and keep your eyes on my LAST JUNK.

Pull Frets Out : 15 min.
Fill the fretslots : 45 min.
Sand the fingerboard : 10 min.
Fill them again : 15 min.
Sand again : 10 minutes FINISHED :hug:
Total : > 1.5 hours

Cut a new fingerboard : 3 min
Take the old fretboard out : 15 min.
Glue the new one on : 2 min.
Sand it : 2 min. FINISHED :wub:
Total : < 0.5 hr.

#18 Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy

Lesser Gaggle

• Mexicanician
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 09:01 PM

Well it's already up to 180 so I'm out.
People sure do love those Neck Thrus  : p

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your last chance!

Next week I'll have my last LINED JUNK fretless. It'll be your LAST CHANCE to get a CHEAP with FIXED CHIP CHIP! :D

To me, replacing the whole fingerboard is faster than defretting it. I just had my vacuum oven built, of course it is much smaller than those in the guitar plants but sure mine works better than theirs. Well.. from now on I don't have to wait 5 years to air dry a fingerboard, then I'll have enough fingerboards. You better put your reading glasses on and keep your eyes on my LAST JUNK.

Pull Frets Out : 15 min.
Fill the fretslots : 45 min.
Sand the fingerboard : 10 min.
Fill them again : 15 min.
Sand again : 10 minutes FINISHED :hug:
Total : > 1.5 hours

Cut a new fingerboard : 3 min
Take the old fretboard out : 15 min.
Glue the new one on : 2 min.
Sand it : 2 min. FINISHED :wub:
Total : < 0.5 hr.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

SMART!!
:wub:

#19 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,163 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 10:39 PM

What's a vacuum oven?

Jah (just getting to grips with a microwave combi-grill)
Play the blues guitar with your soul, but play the fretless guitar with your spirit.
Author of the book "Fretless Guitar The Definitive Guide" fretlessguitar.co.uk

#20 kowa

kowa

Unknown Gaggle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 11:31 PM

What's a vacuum oven?

Jah (just getting to grips with a microwave combi-grill)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is an low temperature sealed oven attaches to a vacuum pump that draws the air and of course the moisture out of the oven. It is a must to every research lab.

PROS: It can draw almost 100% moisture out of the stuff and the shape doesn't change much. :wub:
CONS: Too noisy :hug:

#21 AdroitCelerity

AdroitCelerity

Known Gaggle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 11:08 PM

Well I did get like 400 bucks in the last week... but this is really your last junk?!

Your last lined fretboard?!
Egh, why's your last one have to look so weird? :whistling: Hahah. I'm not a metalhead or a shredder... I don't think any fretless people are.... and I don't even know how that thing will fit into a conventional guitar holder.. I could seriously poke my eye out with that Explorer.

but... I guess it could be quite a bargain :)

#22 AdroitCelerity

AdroitCelerity

Known Gaggle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 03:26 AM

Okay Kowa so... maybe the guitar has grown on me a bit since my last post but I have a small concern...
One of my friends warned me that this guitar may have additional tuners below the humbuckers, tuners that were made popular in 80s in the Van Halen days of endless hammer ons...

Posted Image

I certainly see something down there.. but I'm not sure what those are. Is it true? I've heard very, VERY bad things about tuners of that kind.

And if so, are they really a pain to tune?

#23 kowa

kowa

Unknown Gaggle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 05:03 AM

Okay Kowa so... maybe the guitar has grown on me a bit since my last post but I have a small concern...
One of my friends warned me that this guitar may have additional tuners below the humbuckers, tuners that were made popular in 80s in the Van Halen days of endless hammer ons...

<< Image not for grampses & grannies >>

I certainly see something down there.. but I'm not sure what those are.  Is it true?  I've heard very, VERY bad things about tuners of that kind.

And if so, are they really a pain to tune?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Come on! Don't tell me you thought this is a Hamer Explorer if it is not a Gibson. :D I just checked this junk again and didn't see any tuner below the 2 humbuckers. Are you talking about the small round buttons fine tunners behind the saddles? Personally I don't like this kind of Flord Rose style bridge (somename like that or whatever its).

By the way I still have another lined fretless is working on. At first I wanna replace the whole fingerboard but after I found out it is the East Indian Rosewood I decided to keep it and also the X inlay on the 11th and 12th lines. It is a Korea Washburn X-40 HSH under my bed for quite a while. Unfortunately it is not a junk that you are lookin' for. :D

#24 AdroitCelerity

AdroitCelerity

Known Gaggle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 05:57 PM

Yes, the fine tuners!
I may get the guitars and just do away with the whole fine tuning system.
...or not.
We'll see hahah : p

#25 kowa

kowa

Unknown Gaggle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 08:27 PM

Yes, the fine tuners!
I may get the guitars and just do away with the whole fine tuning system.
...or not.
We'll see hahah : p

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Huh!! You've gotta be kidding! :D
Oh Okay! Okay! You are not a gramps. :D

Help yourself to deduct 10% from the final bid when you pay (only if you are the winner). :D

No worries about my cost (if you do) :D cuz I already knew the final bid won't even cover my material cost.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users