23 replies to this topic

#16 Kai

Kai

Lesser Gaggle

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 06:55 PM

This is a pretty good idea here that I saw over at KronoSonic.com The ' Light Body '
continued The Light Body............
Posted Image

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Very nice! Now we're talking! Thanks, Michael.

I don't want to know how much $$$, though. :lol:
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side..." - Hunter S. Thompson
C# Orchestra on Soundcloud

#17 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,163 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 07:01 PM

Ah Yes,

The guitar that two people can play at once.

I can imagine very stoned musicians picking up the wrong end and being totally flummoxed.

J
Play the blues guitar with your soul, but play the fretless guitar with your spirit.
Author of the book "Fretless Guitar The Definitive Guide" fretlessguitar.co.uk

#18 Guest_V_*

Guest_V_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2006 - 07:02 PM

Yeah, that realy is something there..........There have become to many Instruments I want now.....Well, I guess there can never be too many!!!!!!

MAVVVick

#19 Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy

Lesser Gaggle

• Mexicanician
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 09:22 AM

I can imagine very stoned musicians picking up the wrong end and being totally flummoxed.

J

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Something for the Dutch??
:lol: :)

#20 Ed DeGenaro

Ed DeGenaro

Lesser Gaggle

• Hon Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 10:52 PM

Yeah, that realy is something there..........There have become to many Instruments I want now.....Well, I guess there can never be too many!!!!!!

MAVVVick

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think I reached my limit...space wise.
Either that or I have to throw wifezilla out. :lol:

#21 transient

transient

Lesser Gaggle

• Hon Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 05:54 PM

It occurs to me that the same principle behind the Fernandes Sustainer could be used - take the output of the playing strings' pickups and feed some of it to the symps' pickup.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had thought of something similar where the sympathehics weren't even on the same guitar :huh: Like feeding the output of one guitar to a second guitar and thus using its strings as the sympathetics :huh: Didn't get round to trying it yet though.

e
No guitars were harmed during the collection of the information presented in this post.
Can't say the same thing for frets though...

#22 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,163 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 08:34 PM

It occurs to me that the same principle behind the Fernandes Sustainer could be used - take the output of the playing strings' pickups and feed some of it to the symps' pickup.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had thought of something similar where the sympathehics weren't even on the same guitar :huh: Like feeding the output of one guitar to a second guitar and thus using its strings as the sympathetics :huh: Didn't get round to trying it yet though.

e

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Some years back the idea of a sympathetic box came to me. You would feed sound into it and have pickups on the strings to merge with your output.

The idea came from having a piano in the house and how its strings vibrate in sympathy with everyday noises. Sort of brings life into a house.

Jah
Play the blues guitar with your soul, but play the fretless guitar with your spirit.

#23 Ed DeGenaro

Ed DeGenaro

Lesser Gaggle

• Hon Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 08:16 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had thought of something similar where the sympathehics weren't even on the same guitar :D Like feeding the output of one guitar to a second guitar and thus using its strings as the sympathetics :hug: Didn't get round to trying it yet though.

e

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Some years back the idea of a sympathetic box came to me. You would feed sound into it and have pickups on the strings to merge with your output.

The idea came from having a piano in the house and how its strings vibrate in sympathy with everyday noises. Sort of brings life into a house.

Jah

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The tuned reverb box...
put a speaker infront of an acoustic tuned to an open chord and then mic the acoustic.
Or for a drone put a rotating fan blowing on that guitar.

#24 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,163 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 11:53 PM

[quote name='Ed DeGenaro' date='Mar 17 2006, 08:16 PM'][quote name='jahloon' date='Mar 8 2006, 08:34 PM'][quote name='transient' date='Mar 8 2006, 05:54 PM'][quote name='Kai' date='Feb 14 2006, 05:50 AM']It occurs to me that the same principle behind the Fernandes Sustainer could be used - take the output of the playing strings' pickups and feed some of it to the symps' pickup.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quote]

I had thought of something similar where the sympathehics weren't even on the same guitar :D Like feeding the output of one guitar to a second guitar and thus using its strings as the sympathetics :hug: Didn't get round to trying it yet though.

e

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quote]

Jah

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quote]
The tuned reverb box...
put a speaker infront of an acoustic tuned to an open chord and then mic the acoustic.
Or for a drone put a rotating fan blowing on that guitar.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quote]
Many thanks for the tip, love drone things, apart from my first wife that droned on about everything. :D

Jah

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users