112 replies to this topic

#16 Kai

Kai

Lesser Gaggle

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 02:14 AM

That's just too much! :whistling: Hey, it's time for you to go pro, then he can be your manager too - two Jahs. (Only the small matter of a record contract and pay.)

And thanks for the positives, both you and Emre.
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side..." - Hunter S. Thompson
C# Orchestra on Soundcloud

#17 Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy

Lesser Gaggle

• Mexicanician
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 07:35 AM

Thanks, Willem.

Here's GarageBand Follies #3:

Night Motorman in the Tube (Jahloon Vindaloo Mix)

Reminds me a bit of some of Jah Wobble's 90's stuff, hence the title (he had a job in the London Underground driving a train once.) Play it on good speakers - subsonic bass. Afraid there's some mysterious clicks perhaps introduced in the export to iTunes feature which seems to be the only way to do a mixdown. (Though I have another trick up my sleeve which I may have to employ.)

No electric fretless on it yet, but one of the virtual instruments available in GB is a classical guitar which has a interesting whole step pitchbend from below mapped onto the highest MIDI velocities - sounds just like someone doing a bend on a fretless nylon! You'll hear it panned a bit to the right in the mix.

GB is proving to be an interesting straitjacket within which to work. Everything you hear in this piece is available in the stock GB package.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The only thing I didn't like is that it is way to short, GREAT man, you have feeling AND talent!!
I hope it rubs in!! BASTARDO!!
Willem

:whistling: :whistling:

#18 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,163 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 08:44 AM

That's just too much!  :whistling: Hey, it's time for you to go pro, then he can be your manager too - two Jahs. (Only the small matter of a record contract and pay.)

And thanks for the positives, both you and Emre.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm still stunned by everything, didn't realise Jah Wobble had 18 albums out, usually on his own label, some have sold 50,000 others 2,000. I've not yet seen him despite being invited to a couple of concerts. :whistling:

Can't give up the day job just yet.

Jah (not Wobble)
Play the blues guitar with your soul, but play the fretless guitar with your spirit.
Author of the book "Fretless Guitar The Definitive Guide" fretlessguitar.co.uk

#19 Kai

Kai

Lesser Gaggle

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 02:58 PM

Thanks, Willem.

Here's GarageBand Follies #3:

Night Motorman in the Tube (Jahloon Vindaloo Mix)

Reminds me a bit of some of Jah Wobble's 90's stuff, hence the title (he had a job in the London Underground driving a train once.) Play it on good speakers - subsonic bass. Afraid there's some mysterious clicks perhaps introduced in the export to iTunes feature which seems to be the only way to do a mixdown. (Though I have another trick up my sleeve which I may have to employ.)

No electric fretless on it yet, but one of the virtual instruments available in GB is a classical guitar which has a interesting whole step pitchbend from below mapped onto the highest MIDI velocities - sounds just like someone doing a bend on a fretless nylon! You'll hear it panned a bit to the right in the mix.

GB is proving to be an interesting straitjacket within which to work. Everything you hear in this piece is available in the stock GB package.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The only thing I didn't like is that it is way to short, GREAT man, you have feeling AND talent!!
I hope it rubs in!! BASTARDO!!
Willem

:lol: :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks again. :) The reason I subtitled this preliminary snippet "Jahloon Vindaloo Mix" is that it's short. (Among other reasons.) As Our Fearless Leader Mr. Jah has said on several occasions, his pieces of music are short - like him. :D Leaves you wanting to hear more.
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side..." - Hunter S. Thompson

#20 Kai

Kai

Lesser Gaggle

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 06:54 AM

GarageBand fragment #4 (minutes old):

Sie ist bereits hinter

No soloing recorded yet.

#21 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,163 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 09:52 AM

GarageBand fragment #4 (minutes old):

Sie ist bereits hinter

No soloing recorded yet.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nice start, perfect for diddling over, thanks.

J :)
Play the blues guitar with your soul, but play the fretless guitar with your spirit.

#22 Kai

Kai

Lesser Gaggle

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 09:03 PM

Here's a more developed version of the latest (guitar solos remain to be done.) It seems to want to be an Ozrics tune.

Sie ist bereits hinter

#23 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,163 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 10:52 PM

Stuff me,

I can't listen to it, looks like the PC audio side has given up the ghost.

Will try at work 2morrow, though its against the rules! pip pip.

If its Ozrics, its going to b OK.

Jah

#24 Kai

Kai

Lesser Gaggle

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 02:13 AM

Hot off the Glyph drive, here's the latest new fragment:

Ana b'shoof - sa fee?

(The title is in Arabic - Vince can translate it if you really want to know. :o )

The vocal samples are my friends the Ali Khans, orig. from Pakistan, from a sample CD their bro-in-law did for Worldpop. The first short quiet one is Shafqat Ali Khan (he has a reedier voice and is the real star and heir of his family's tradition, though they're all great singers) and the rest of the samples are from Sukhawat Ali Khan, his older brother, who has a rounder tone.

If I still lived in SF I'd just ask Sukhawat to come over and sing (and give him residuals on any released CD, unlike a certain cheap bastard I know of), but...

As usual, I'm leaving the fretless solos towards last. Stay tuned.

#25 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,163 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 09:52 PM

Ana b'shoof - sa fee?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, most nice my friend.

I think the reply is; most likely on a Tuesday.

Or did my dictionary squiff things a little to far?

Looking forward to the overlays,

Jah

#26 Kai

Kai

Lesser Gaggle

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 04:21 AM

Ana b'shoof - sa fee?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, most nice my friend.

I think the reply is; most likely on a Tuesday.

Or did my dictionary squiff things a little to far?

Looking forward to the overlays,

Jah

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmmm. That could be one reply, in an odd sort of way. :D Overlays will probably happen this weekend.

In the meantime, here's tonight's addition to the future all-fretless CD Chilled Alaaps, with no translation required:

Square One

Clean guitar for once, single coil mode, bridge pickup.

#27 Kai

Kai

Lesser Gaggle

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 04:32 PM

Another one with clean guitar (single coil, both pickups). Started this a few weeks ago in GB, picked it up again and imported it into Logic Express.

Fog way out in the Avenues

Late-night San Francisco atmosphere.

#28 Newbie Brad

Newbie Brad

Lesser Gaggle

• Hon Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 04:55 PM

Man, you are having a very productive phase lately. Good stuff.
www.3pupsmusic.com

www.facebook.com/3pupsmusic

www.reverbnation.com/3pupsmusic

www.youtube.com/3pupsmusic

www.cafepress.com/3pupsmusic

www.archive.org/search.php?query=3pupsmusic

#29 timmirth

timmirth

Known Gaggle

• Hon Member
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 03:21 PM

Excellent Stuff Kai,

I really need you to do all the programing for me. Your stuff is always fresh and hip.

Keep laying it down'

Cheers,

Tim
Don't fret, fret-less!

#30 Indofunk

Indofunk

Known Gaggle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 03:39 PM

Listening to your stuff for the first time. Excellent work, right up my alley! Keep posting and I'll keep listening! :huh:

Man, this is all in GB? I'm using Nuendo with some heavy plugins, and I still can't get my tracks as sweet-sounding as yours! Nice work, man!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users