UA-62480628-1

Photo

Lessons - Fretless classic guitar

perdesiz gitar; makam; turkey; fretless classic guitar; lessons; online lessons;

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jcleao

jcleao

Gaggle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 12:25 PM

Hi everyone,

I am new here...play for some time classical guitar fretless, I know some sites on the Internet where I can acquire some knowledge as Unfretted.com / frelessguitarlessons.com (Cenk Erdogan), but now I need orientation to continue to evolve in this wonderful instrument.

I wonder if someone can help me on this, with some online lessons or otherwise if someone know who can do that,  I realy have interest to learn whith Turkey musicians or someone who undertand this instrument (perdesiz gitar), turkey music and others...

As a musician, my formation is the classic (classic guitar), i do not have a experience in improvisation (taksim) but I have a great curiosity and interest in developing this technique, particularly using Turkey Makam.

Already started to play some Turkish repertoire, as well some techniques (turkey style) entonation...

Who can me please? 

#2 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,163 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 12:40 PM

Hi Jcleao, and welcome!

There are many Turkish musicians on board, I'm sure you have checked out the Deniz Atalay masterclasses on Unfretted and another source would be the excellent site Oud for Guitarists: http://www.unfretted...ing-from-today/which should give you plenty of ideas.

I a bit of a beginner when it comes to Makims.

Have a listen to some of Nicolas Meier's albums, he is Swiss born but I believe his wife is Turkish, a lot of his fretless guitar is based around Turkish music and he adapts it well. He is currently playing in the Jeff Beck group so might be a little busy, but he is a great guy to talk to on the subject.

I'm in the middle of writing up an article on Perdesiz Guitar for Unfretted, keep your eye out for that one!

Best,

Jeff 

Play the blues guitar with your soul, but play the fretless guitar with your spirit.
Author of the book "Fretless Guitar The Definitive Guide" fretlessguitar.co.uk

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users