Unfretted Forum: Pearl River fretless - Unfretted Forum

Jump to content

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Pearl River fretless on ebay

#1 User is offline   Villager 

  • Lesser Gaggle
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 495
  • Joined: 19-April 04

Posted 08 November 2005 - 05:12 PM

Catch this, only 1 day left:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=7362995301

Anyone shed any light on this? Looks new.

V
Fret not thyself - Proverbs 24:19
0

#2 User is offline   Kai 

  • Lesser Gaggle
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 2161
  • Joined: 12-December 04

Posted 08 November 2005 - 05:49 PM

Villager, on Nov 8 2005, 12:12 PM, said:

Catch this, only 1 day left:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=7362995301

Anyone shed any light on this? Looks new.

V
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


:thumbup: :D ? Ya got me... But Pearl River sounds Chinese, and call me cynical, but that makes me wonder if someone's patent/trademark/copyright/something has been violated. Could be another situation like the Aram guitars. The shape does remind me of some other model, but not sure what.

I'd only buy known brands on eBay in any case.
[i]"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side..."[/i] - Hunter S. Thompson
[url="http://soundcloud.com/csharporchestra"]C# Orchestra on Soundcloud[/url]
0

#3 User is offline   Newbie Brad 

  • Lesser Gaggle
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Hon Member
  • Posts: 1700
  • Joined: 17-April 04

Posted 08 November 2005 - 09:32 PM

I looked into them with the links from ebay once. Don't know anything.
www.3pupsmusic.com

www.facebook.com/3pupsmusic

www.reverbnation.com/3pupsmusic

www.youtube.com/3pupsmusic

www.cafepress.com/3pupsmusic

www.archive.org/search.php?query=3pupsmusic
0

#4 User is offline   jahloon 

  • Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 6980
  • Joined: 16-April 04

Posted 09 November 2005 - 09:40 AM

Does look like the cheap guitar trend taking another turn.

My guess is the guys on e-bay are getting hold of very cheap ($20-$40?) guitars. Ones that no self respecting shop would stock. They then put them on e-bay, really cheap, prop the price up will some self bidding, and hey presto - you are making a living.

Very bad for the Kharma though.

Jah
Play the blues guitar with your soul, but play the fretless guitar with your spirit.
0

#5 User is offline   Villager 

  • Lesser Gaggle
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 495
  • Joined: 19-April 04

Posted 09 November 2005 - 10:04 AM

Pearl River are mainly Piano manufacturers, but they also do production line guitars - loads of them!

There is a very uncomplimentry review of one on Harmony Central, reads like a load of junk.

V
Fret not thyself - Proverbs 24:19
0

#6 Guest_Guest_*

  • Group: Guests

Posted 07 January 2006 - 09:37 PM

Was looking for some info on this fretless EG5-CB from pearl river after i bought it. Couldnt find anything, BUT... The review on Harmony Central is a crappy strat copy.
In all honesty, i think it was worth the 105$ that I paid for it. Definately a very cool guitar. Its my first fretless, i wanted to spend about 100$ on a cheap guitar and de-fret it, but i figured this would be easier. I think its totally great... The only thing im not sure of is the body wood. But it plays great.. Figured i'd shine some light on that for you guys. I am planning on putting some DiMarzio's in there, to make it sound a bit better.
0

#7 User is offline   Kai 

  • Lesser Gaggle
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 2161
  • Joined: 12-December 04

Posted 07 January 2006 - 11:13 PM

Guest, on Jan 7 2006, 04:37 PM, said:

Was looking for some info on this fretless EG5-CB from pearl river after i bought it. Couldnt find anything, BUT... The review on Harmony Central is a crappy strat copy.
In all honesty, i think it was worth the 105$ that I paid for it. Definately a very cool guitar. Its my first fretless, i wanted to spend about 100$ on a cheap guitar and de-fret it, but i figured this would be easier. I think its totally great... The only thing im not sure of is the body wood. But it plays great.. Figured i'd shine some light on that for you guys. I am planning on putting some DiMarzio's in there, to make it sound a bit better.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


Glad to hear a first person report! Thanks for taking the chance. Any pix?
[i]"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side..."[/i] - Hunter S. Thompson
[url="http://soundcloud.com/csharporchestra"]C# Orchestra on Soundcloud[/url]
0

#8 Guest_Guest_*

  • Group: Guests

Posted 08 January 2006 - 12:38 AM

Kai, on Jan 7 2006, 11:13 PM, said:

Guest, on Jan 7 2006, 04:37 PM, said:

Was looking for some info on this fretless EG5-CB from pearl river after i bought it. Couldnt find anything, BUT... The review on Harmony Central is a crappy strat copy.
In all honesty, i think it was worth the 105$ that I paid for it. Definately a very cool guitar. Its my first fretless, i wanted to spend about 100$ on a cheap guitar and de-fret it, but i figured this would be easier. I think its totally great... The only thing im not sure of is the body wood. But it plays great.. Figured i'd shine some light on that for you guys. I am planning on putting some DiMarzio's in there, to make it sound a bit better.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


Glad to hear a first person report! Thanks for taking the chance. Any pix?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll get some before long. Nothing as of yet. I'll also register pretty soon too lol.
I want to get a fretless 7 string, but i figured i'd try this first, since its more readily available. I'm definately digging this whole fretless thing. \m/
0

#9 User is offline   kowa 

  • Unknown Gaggle
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 193
  • Joined: 15-December 05

Posted 08 January 2006 - 05:43 PM

Villager, on Nov 9 2005, 10:04 AM, said:

Pearl River are mainly Piano manufacturers, but they also do production line guitars - loads of them!

There is a very uncomplimentry review of one on Harmony Central, reads like a load of junk.

V
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


Yup!! It worth your 105 bucks although it's a junk (No offence)!! You know what? Actually you only paid 5 bucks for the River. The $100 is the defretted labor. Most of the luthiers will charge you 150 bucks.
0

#10 User is offline   Kai 

  • Lesser Gaggle
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 2161
  • Joined: 12-December 04

Posted 08 January 2006 - 06:25 PM

kowa, on Jan 8 2006, 12:43 PM, said:

Villager, on Nov 9 2005, 10:04 AM, said:

Pearl River are mainly Piano manufacturers, but they also do production line guitars - loads of them!

There is a very uncomplimentry review of one on Harmony Central, reads like a load of junk.

V
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


Yup!! It worth your 105 bucks although it's a junk (No offence)!! You know what? Actually you only paid 5 bucks for the River. The $100 is the defretted labor. Most of the luthiers will charge you 150 bucks.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


George Peacock of Peacock Music in San Francisco (Noe & 15th) only charged me $75 to defret my Yamaha. Granted he didn't work on the action...

$150 is a reasonable amount actually.
[i]"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side..."[/i] - Hunter S. Thompson
[url="http://soundcloud.com/csharporchestra"]C# Orchestra on Soundcloud[/url]
0

#11 User is offline   MaximumSatan 

  • Gaggle
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5
  • Joined: 09-January 06

Posted 09 January 2006 - 03:03 AM

kowa, on Jan 8 2006, 01:43 PM, said:

Villager, on Nov 9 2005, 10:04 AM, said:

Pearl River are mainly Piano manufacturers, but they also do production line guitars - loads of them!

There is a very uncomplimentry review of one on Harmony Central, reads like a load of junk.

V
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


Yup!! It worth your 105 bucks although it's a junk (No offence)!! You know what? Actually you only paid 5 bucks for the River. The $100 is the defretted labor. Most of the luthiers will charge you 150 bucks.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>



with the exception of (1) thing, it actually plays very well.
On the A string, i cant get the Bb in tune (The one that corresponds to the first fret). Everything else on the string is in tune fine, and all the other strings i can get in tune on the same 'fret line'. If i can figure this out, i'll be totally happy with my purchase.

Edit: Fixed. Truss rod adjustment \m/
0

#12 User is offline   kowa 

  • Unknown Gaggle
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 193
  • Joined: 15-December 05

Posted 10 January 2006 - 06:10 AM

Quote

with the exception of (1) thing, it actually plays very well.
On the A string, i cant get the Bb in tune (The one that corresponds to the first fret). Everything else on the string is in tune fine, and all the other strings i can get in tune on the same 'fret line'. If i can figure this out, i'll be totally happy with my purchase.

Edit: Fixed. Truss rod adjustment \m/
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


Lucky you!! The seller has another one on the ebay. Now its up to $155.50
0

#13 Guest_Guest_*

  • Group: Guests

Posted 10 January 2006 - 08:42 PM

kowa, on Jan 10 2006, 06:10 AM, said:

Quote

with the exception of (1) thing, it actually plays very well.
On the A string, i cant get the Bb in tune (The one that corresponds to the first fret). Everything else on the string is in tune fine, and all the other strings i can get in tune on the same 'fret line'. If i can figure this out, i'll be totally happy with my purchase.

Edit: Fixed. Truss rod adjustment \m/
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


Lucky you!! The seller has another one on the ebay. Now its up to $155.50
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


www.auctionsniper.com ;D
0

#14 Guest_monger_*

  • Group: Guests

Posted 14 August 2006 - 04:02 AM

what do you guys thing of either of these two fretless guitars up on ebay? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=250016572825
or
http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-METTALIC-GREEN-FR...1QQcmdZViewItem

I'm from toledo, Ohio and I would love to get my hands on a frettless, I have only been playing fretted guitar for about 2 years but I would love to explore and so forth. I just don''t know any good dealers or frettless makers anywhere near me, let alone within my price range of like $200
0

#15 User is offline   thejim 

  • Lesser Gaggle
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Bollocksician
  • Posts: 1410
  • Joined: 13-April 05

Posted 14 August 2006 - 11:44 AM

I have a Squire strat for sale if you are interested. It is for sale at-

www.paradiddles.co.uk

I am sure we could strike a deal.

The Pearl Rivers are cheapo guitars really, you get what you pay for...........
You're a grotesque, ugly freak and you're wrong. Thankyou.
http://myspace.com/fearsomegonad
0

Share this topic:


  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users