• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

My TD Fretless Harp Guitar video debut

#1 User is offline   Per Boysen 

• Known Gaggle
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:44 PM

Wow, just wow! This is such an amazing instrument. After three months my new Tim Donahue signature fretless electric harp guitar arrived.

Greetings from Sweden
Per

#2 User is offline   cchhrriisstt 

• Unknown Gaggle
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Hon Member

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:29 PM

Congratulation, you've got it !! I enjoy the way you play the guitar with many loops ! one more fretless harp guitarist !
www.lesmouvements.com

#3 User is offline   jahloon 

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:00 PM

And then there were three! (disciples)

It looks really good and sounds great, Like you say, WoW, and I'm still saying wow and still finding more tricks and techniques.

Fharp (n) - Fretless Harp Guitar, Fharpist - player of the fretless harp guitar
Play the blues guitar with your soul, but play the fretless guitar with your spirit.

#4 Guest_TD_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:24 PM

Great video Per, welcome to our world!

Jahloon, Christophe & Per-
Thank you again for playing TD Harp Guitars.
I'm so happy to know players are making creative music on their new instruments.

Looking forward to hearing more!
Best Always,
TD
www.timdonahue.com

#5 User is offline   Per Boysen 

• Known Gaggle
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:31 PM

Thank you, Tim, for this amazing guitar! I'm about to have more time to spend with it now and just love it. Gave it a beeswax treatment and now it smells so great! Have been experimenting a lot with tunings and finally settled with the tuning used in that newbie video long ago; normal harp tuning (A, B, C#, D, E, F#) but the fretless neck a fifth lower that traditional guitar tuning, with correspondingly thicker strings of course. During recent recordings I used drop-5 on the harp side too but it got too muddy and hard to mix in orchestrated music. I'm thinking about doing some more tests with normal guitar tuning for the fretless, but if I should be able to use that live I need to find a way to "play bass". One idea is to get a GK3 on the fretless side and use my GR-55 for bass. Another ide is to get something like the TC Helicon Vocalive2 to kick in a tune-down when needed. Or just use thicker strings for the two lowest and tune them down for bass.

On thing that I noticed when going back to the higher tuned harp strings, that made a huge impression, is how the higher/faster vibrations seems to make the whole instrument come alive. Especially if not palm muting the fretless strings, just having all 12 strings open for sympathetic ringing... wow. Very cool. Maybe this whole-shebang-coming-alive effect is even stronger when tuning also the fretless neck higher (as by normal guitar tuning)? I have a feeling that this mahogany body resonates best at a rather high frequency?
Greetings from Sweden
Per

#6 User is offline   jahloon 

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:42 PM

You might be right, have a problem damping down resonances at times....
Play the blues guitar with your soul, but play the fretless guitar with your spirit.

#7 User is offline   cchhrriisstt 

• Unknown Gaggle
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Hon Member

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:42 AM

yes, that's right the vibrations are on the whole instrument. But only for few notes and few strings. I really love this instrument too !!
www.lesmouvements.com

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users