• You cannot reply to this topic

Belew and Parker guitars

#31 User is offline   les fret 

• Known Gaggle
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:59 PM

View PostChilly Willy, on 02 May 2012 - 06:12 PM, said:

It is all a matter of opinion. I personally don't think Belew is main stream at all.

+100. I actually had to laugh when I read that Belew was mainstream. He is not mainstream at all and has done (and still does) some really experimental and original stuff.
gitaarles en basgitaarles in Weert
www.gitaarschoolweert.nl

#32 Guest_Hiton_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:34 PM

Yeah, playing with David Bowie, The Talking Heads, Nine Inch Nails & The Tom Tom Club plus being nominated for a Grammy is completely underground compared to a guy who rips the frets out of cheap guitars, doesn't care about making $ with sound but prefers to create a course about the history of tuning systems.
Sorry but when Vick got laughed at about a Parker Fretless & Belew gets one & then doesn't even play it on stage at demo event...That reaks of Belew is well known & Vick is not ($) but both experiment in the own way.

LF, I guess we could all laugh about what mainstream means in the end but come on.

#33 User is offline   WolfV11 

• Lesser Gaggle
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:36 PM

Belew is certainly "Guitar Mainstream". Mainstream enough for a company to give him free instruments with the hope of the artist inspiring enough people to purchase instruments.
12 Ain't enough...
www.ericjacksonarts.com

#34 User is offline   les fret 

• Known Gaggle
  • PipPip

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:07 AM

I don't care for grammys or endorsements or what bands he played in. I am just talking about his guitar work and that is certainly not mainstream. I am talking about the music not about all the side effects that come along with being successful. And being successful doesn't automatically make one mainstream.
www.gitaarschoolweert.nl

#35 Guest_Dream Drive To Nonsense_*

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:24 AM

Obviously Dream Drive To Nonsense
Yeah, playing with David Bowie, The Talking Heads, Nine Inch Nails & The Tom Tom Club plus being nominated for a Grammy is completely underground.

#36 Guest_Evett Fan_*

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:34 AM

Man, Adrian Belew is practically unknown. I bet Parker gave it too him as a prop anyway. I mean, who other than a few guitarists has ever even heard of Adrian Belew or even like him for that matter? Just my 2 cents.

#37 User is offline   les fret 

• Known Gaggle
  • PipPip

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:10 AM

Just came across this: a Adrian Belew fretless guitar with an Antares auto tune system!!! would love to have on of those. But that price! Posted Image
Curious what kind of material that fretboard is made off.
http://www.beyondele...dfab842asfl.htm
www.gitaarschoolweert.nl

#38 User is offline   jahloon 

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:09 PM

View Postles fret, on 12 December 2014 - 12:10 AM, said:

Just came across this: a Adrian Belew fretless guitar with an Antares auto tune system!!! would love to have on of those. But that price! Posted Image

Looks like ebony, too pricey for me, pity there is no more info on the site. If your selling something at that price it deserves more detail....
Play the blues guitar with your soul, but play the fretless guitar with your spirit.

#39 User is offline   jahloon 

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:17 PM

View Postjahloon, on 12 December 2014 - 03:09 PM, said:

View Postles fret, on 12 December 2014 - 12:10 AM, said:

Looks like ebony, too pricey for me, pity there is no more info on the site. If your selling something at that price it deserves more detail....

I think that ranks as the second most expensive fretless guitar!
Play the blues guitar with your soul, but play the fretless guitar with your spirit.

#40 User is offline   les fret 

• Known Gaggle
  • PipPip

Posted 13 December 2014 - 09:12 PM

View Postjahloon, on 12 December 2014 - 10:17 PM, said:

Yes that price is just ridiculous! I was really interested in that guitar but not for that price tag. A fretless guitar with whammy bar, sustainiac and auto tune could definitely be a very creative tool. But now only the rich can afford it. What is the most expensive fretless guitar then?
www.gitaarschoolweert.nl

#41 User is offline   jahloon 

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 December 2014 - 10:58 AM

View Postles fret, on 13 December 2014 - 09:12 PM, said:

View Postjahloon, on 12 December 2014 - 10:17 PM, said:

Yes that price is just ridiculous! I was really interested in that guitar but not for that price tag. A fretless guitar with whammy bar, sustainiac and auto tune could definitely be a very creative tool. But now only the rich can afford it. What is the most expensive fretless guitar then?

The Vigier Excalibur Surfreter Patrice Vigier had made for the 20th anniversary of Vigier. It has gold and diamonds for markers and includes a gold plectrum. Value in 2000 was $30,000 and Patrice owns the only one.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users