• You cannot reply to this topic

Belew and Parker guitars

#31 User is offline   les fret 

• Known Gaggle
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:59 PM

View PostChilly Willy, on 02 May 2012 - 06:12 PM, said:

It is all a matter of opinion. I personally don't think Belew is main stream at all.

+100. I actually had to laugh when I read that Belew was mainstream. He is not mainstream at all and has done (and still does) some really experimental and original stuff.
gitaarles en basgitaarles in Weert
www.gitaarschoolweert.nl

#32 Guest_Hiton_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:34 PM

Yeah, playing with David Bowie, The Talking Heads, Nine Inch Nails & The Tom Tom Club plus being nominated for a Grammy is completely underground compared to a guy who rips the frets out of cheap guitars, doesn't care about making $ with sound but prefers to create a course about the history of tuning systems.
Sorry but when Vick got laughed at about a Parker Fretless & Belew gets one & then doesn't even play it on stage at demo event...That reaks of Belew is well known & Vick is not ($) but both experiment in the own way.

LF, I guess we could all laugh about what mainstream means in the end but come on.

#33 User is offline   WolfV11 

• Lesser Gaggle
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:36 PM

Belew is certainly "Guitar Mainstream". Mainstream enough for a company to give him free instruments with the hope of the artist inspiring enough people to purchase instruments.
12 Ain't enough...
www.ericjacksonarts.com

#34 User is offline   les fret 

• Known Gaggle
  • PipPip

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:07 AM

I don't care for grammys or endorsements or what bands he played in. I am just talking about his guitar work and that is certainly not mainstream. I am talking about the music not about all the side effects that come along with being successful. And being successful doesn't automatically make one mainstream.
gitaarles en basgitaarles in Weert
www.gitaarschoolweert.nl

#35 Guest_Dream Drive To Nonsense_*

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:24 AM

Obviously Dream Drive To Nonsense
Yeah, playing with David Bowie, The Talking Heads, Nine Inch Nails & The Tom Tom Club plus being nominated for a Grammy is completely underground.

#36 Guest_Evett Fan_*

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:34 AM

Man, Adrian Belew is practically unknown. I bet Parker gave it too him as a prop anyway. I mean, who other than a few guitarists has ever even heard of Adrian Belew or even like him for that matter? Just my 2 cents.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users