• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Kid does 24 different English accents from around the world

#1 User is offline   Kai 

• Lesser Gaggle
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 02 October 2010 - 05:00 AM

24 accents (YouTube) Found on Metafilter. NSFW (not safe for work), as they say.

All y'all in the UK can vouch for the accuracy of his regional UK ones; his American ones are OK, though of course the South, for instance, can't be represented by just one generic accent.

Still, not bad - the only ones I can do effortlessly are the Boston one (which he didn't do) and its regional variants, and a peckerwood redneck Southern accent. Also Indian with a little effort. (As my dad, who had a great ear for languages and was mistaken for a native speaker of both German and Hungarian, once said, the Indian one is a bit like speaking with a head cold.)
[i]"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side..."[/i] - Hunter S. Thompson
[url="http://soundcloud.com/csharporchestra"]C# Orchestra on Soundcloud[/url]

#2 User is offline   FretdelaTourette 

• Known Gaggle
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 October 2010 - 06:40 AM

View PostKai, on 02 October 2010 - 05:00 AM, said:

...the only ones I can do effortlessly...

do you think we can also expect a little vid? :lol:
[url="http://melleweijters.com"]www.melleweijters.com[/url]

#3 User is offline   jahloon 

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 October 2010 - 08:00 AM

Good find Kai, most entertaining.

I think I know which actor he copied for the Scouse accent, he's so accurate he has the same mistakes.

:lol:
Play the blues guitar with your soul, but play the fretless guitar with your spirit.

#4 User is offline   Kai 

• Lesser Gaggle
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 October 2010 - 08:24 PM

View PostFretdelaTourette, on 02 October 2010 - 06:40 AM, said:

View PostKai, on 02 October 2010 - 05:00 AM, said:

...the only ones I can do effortlessly...

do you think we can also expect a little vid? :lol:

Way-ul.. ah don' think ah kin dew thayut; ah iz tew shaah... Hahwevah, heah's an audeeyoh uv Jabberwocky. (Kind of generically Southern; owes a lot to some of the characters on the 60s sitcom Green Acres.)

Also,

Boston & Rhode Island accents...

Jah, which Scouse-playing actor? Not Craig Charles? (It's a safe bet this kid gets most of his accents from watching a lot of TV.)

This translation service is also fun.
[i]"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side..."[/i] - Hunter S. Thompson

#5 User is offline   jahloon 

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 October 2010 - 10:47 PM

View PostKai, on 02 October 2010 - 08:24 PM, said:

Jah, which Scouse-playing actor?

No certainly not Craig Charles... its an obscure guy but very much linked, I'm amazed at the guy replicating the (very) slight errors.
Play the blues guitar with your soul, but play the fretless guitar with your spirit.

#6 User is offline   rob 

• Lesser Gaggle
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 October 2010 - 02:08 PM

The vid's good. He should put up a comparison of himself and Sean Connery doing the same accents.

Kai, the Jabberwocky clip is great. Sounds like one branch of my family who were from the south eastern plains of Colorado but had come here from Oklahoma and before that deeper into the South. Besides that, Green Acres was one of the best TV shows ever made.

#7 User is offline   Kai 

• Lesser Gaggle
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 October 2010 - 05:26 PM

View Postrob, on 04 October 2010 - 02:08 PM, said:

The vid's good. He should put up a comparison of himself and Sean Connery doing the same accents.

Kai, the Jabberwocky clip is great. Sounds like one branch of my family who were from the south eastern plains of Colorado but had come here from Oklahoma and before that deeper into the South. Besides that, Green Acres was one of the best TV shows ever made.

Yep, you just don't get characters like Arnold Ziffel any more. ;-)

Sean Connery & Michael Caine are both living proof that you can have a successful movie career without ever learning to do an accent other than your own. (c.f., Connery's Razzy-worthy alleged "Irish" accent as the sidekick to Kevin Costner's Elliot Ness in The Untouchables. And of Costner's Robin Hood we shall not speak.)

#8 User is offline   Chilly Willy 

• Lesser Gaggle
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Mexicanician

Posted 06 October 2010 - 12:28 PM

Redneck RULES!!!!! bring me another beer bitch!!! ha ha ha!!!

He rules, French is also very funny!Posted Image

#9 User is offline   gazmungus 

• Lesser Gaggle
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Bollocksician

Posted 07 October 2010 - 09:12 AM

Hmmmkay! Finally managed to open/ log in etc!

He's fairly good, but needs a script :lol:

I thought the scouse came straight from Harry enfield - interesting that the north and irish descend into violence! :D

His south west accent was dreadful - I've heard americans do it better :whistling:

A mildly interesting point, his natural accent didn't really exist 20 years ago...
<a href="http://www.gazmungus.com/" target="_blank">www.gazmungus.com</a>

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users