Kai

Lesser Gaggle

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 02:45 PM

3 of them?  :w00t:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Three concurrent operating loops, 99 can be stored.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I sometimes use a VST plugin called Frohmage* which has four concurrent analogue-sounding loop delays with handy beat-division increments and MIDI sync (of course). Maximum is only 2 bars I think, but I like it, though I rarely use all four delays. You can hear it applied to a softsynth on my tune Beats & Strings.

To have the hardware equivalent (plus more!) would be great.

(*whoops - wrong plugin name - Frohmage is a quad multi-filter. I was thinking of the Steinberg Karlette - they're both quad FX...)
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side..." - Hunter S. Thompson
C# Orchestra on Soundcloud

#452 Guest_the serpent and the sidewinder_*

Guest_the serpent and the sidewinder_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2005 - 03:19 PM

Hi
about software loopers.
i'm betatesting a french app for mac that's really good
i think it'll be on the market soon.
i used it for the backing track of COLD on the unfretted cd
and it's really easy versatile and userfriendly with a lot of options.
it has like 10 dif. tracks speed shift , rev , pitch , reverse, etc on each track
and 2 vst sends and 1 insert 3 different loops all saveable
and or direct recorded. and it has rewire support.
this was in the prev version
(hasn't had time to check to new version out)
but it's worth the wait.
i'll let you know when i'ts available if you'd like.

Bapman

#453 Kai

Kai

Lesser Gaggle

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 03:43 PM

Mmmmmmmm,

it's really easy versatile and userfriendly with a lot of options.
it has like 10 dif. tracks speed shift , rev , pitch , reverse, etc on each track

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Posted Image

:w00t: Thanks, Gunnar. I would like to know when it is released.
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side..." - Hunter S. Thompson
C# Orchestra on Soundcloud

#454 Ed DeGenaro

Ed DeGenaro

Lesser Gaggle

• Hon Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 05:13 PM

Who isn't using a looper these days. Jeez...maybe some writers should spent some time on kronosonic. :w00t:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Or on this page, which includes the Village's own Gunnar Backman...

Writers are followers, not leaders. (Usually.)

That new pedal looks great, though I'm still tempted to get a Boomerang after watching my pal Daniel Berkman use one in the late 90's. Ease of use in a live setting is critical.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's a given..but whilst the 10 year lead time from something gaining acceptence to going mainstream and being talked up in guitar rags used to acceptable. With the internet being what it is I expect folks to keep up with the times.

Tell you what once upon a time...say 15 years ago, when you got a good review for say...uhem I dunno...a guitar amp :w00t: in a rag, you had guranteed sales. These days, you know what good reviews result in? Folks on guitar forums complaining about the biased reviews in mags.

#455 Guest_Grisen skriker_*

Guest_Grisen skriker_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2005 - 06:44 PM

Mmmmmmmm,

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Posted Image

:w00t: Thanks, Gunnar. I would like to know when it is released.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi
i'll mail the guy in Q and ask
and he can contact you on the forum who are
interested in the app.

Bapman

#456 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,163 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 11:31 PM

Tell you what once upon a time...say 15 years ago, when you got a good review for say...uhem I dunno...a guitar amp :) in a rag, you had guranteed sales. These days, you know what good reviews result in? Folks on guitar forums complaining about the biased reviews in mags.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In that case the rags have lost their authority.

Would you say that is their own fault or has the open forum given rise to a "we know better" mentality, maybe just for the sake of it?

I must confess that I no longer trust a lot of reviews, the 4 stars / 5 stars given in any review seems biased. I guess if they gave the product 2 stars there would be ructions with the manufacturer.

One time working for a manufaturer in an electronics industry, one mag would always give us three stars and be very down on the gear. Some total bozo kit got 5 stars, and was piss poor. Our kit was well made, reliable, class leader, but not with this reviewer. This was despite taking regular full page ads in his mag, sometimes that doesn't get you a good score, but when you don't do well in the reviews, you tend to think something is afoot.

One thing that does get my goat is the letters page. How many rags are filled with; I haven't played guitar for years but bought your mag and am now playing again. It is the best read ever, fantastic job guys! Bob, Essex.

Congratulations Bob, that's our star letter, we are sending you a fuzz pedal and a magazine pen.

;)

Jah
Play the blues guitar with your soul, but play the fretless guitar with your spirit.
Author of the book "Fretless Guitar The Definitive Guide" fretlessguitar.co.uk

#457 Ed DeGenaro

Ed DeGenaro

Lesser Gaggle

• Hon Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 12:17 AM

Tell you what once upon a time...say 15 years ago, when you got a good review for say...uhem I dunno...a guitar amp :) in a rag, you had guranteed sales. These days, you know what good reviews result in? Folks on guitar forums complaining about the biased reviews in mags.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In that case the rags have lost their authority.

Would you say that is their own fault or has the open forum given rise to a "we know better" mentality, maybe just for the sake of it?

I must confess that I no longer trust a lot of reviews, the 4 stars / 5 stars given in any review seems biased. I guess if they gave the product 2 stars there would be ructions with the manufacturer.

One time working for a manufaturer in an electronics industry, one mag would always give us three stars and be very down on the gear. Some total bozo kit got 5 stars, and was piss poor. Our kit was well made, reliable, class leader, but not with this reviewer. This was despite taking regular full page ads in his mag, sometimes that doesn't get you a good score, but when you don't do well in the reviews, you tend to think something is afoot.

One thing that does get my goat is the letters page. How many rags are filled with; I haven't played guitar for years but bought your mag and am now playing again. It is the best read ever, fantastic job guys! Bob, Essex.

Congratulations Bob, that's our star letter, we are sending you a fuzz pedal and a magazine pen.

;)

Jah

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think this is just where we have changed from industrial age to information age. The lead time is just too long.
When new gear comes out everybody will know about it via on-line sites during the trade shows. In the past it was like 3 month after the shows.

And yes the sad side effect is thta now everybody can type a motherfucker of a guitar solo and/or be a spe######t on anything as long as they have internet access.
It's really no difference than home recording...now that everybody and their brother can record "their CD) doesn't mean the world needs it.

As for reviews...I need positive review for everywhere in the world than the US. For the US I sell more on ads than reviews.
Funny side note, my endorsers don't help me in the US, but are a must outside of the US.

#458 Guest_the yellow blob_*

Guest_the yellow blob_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2005 - 10:22 AM

Mmmmmmmm,

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Posted Image

;) Thanks, Gunnar. I would like to know when it is released.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hi this is what what the person i q answered
"HI Gunnar,

You can tell them that we expect to release Logelloop before less than 3 month.
You can also tell them to contact us if they have any question on Logelloop and if they want to be personally informed when Logelloop is released.

We also can do as for your friend . If they are interested to begin working with Logelloop right now, they can contact us in order to become a beta tester."

so if any of you are interested i'll post the mail adress as soon as i know which one he
wants to use.
Bappemannen

#459 Guest_nu är det kokta fläsket stekt_*

Guest_nu är det kokta fläsket stekt_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2005 - 01:20 PM

about the software looper

you can contact logelloop@logellou.com

Bapman

#460 Ed DeGenaro

Ed DeGenaro

Lesser Gaggle

• Hon Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 07:31 PM

Mmmmmmmm,

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Posted Image

;) Thanks, Gunnar. I would like to know when it is released.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hi this is what what the person i q answered
"HI Gunnar,

You can tell them that we expect to release Logelloop before less than 3 month.
You can also tell them to contact us if they have any question on Logelloop and if they want to be personally informed when Logelloop is released.

We also can do as for your friend . If they are interested to begin working with Logelloop right now, they can contact us in order to become a beta tester."

so if any of you are interested i'll post the mail adress as soon as i know which one he
wants to use.
Bappemannen

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is it Mac only? Or PC as well?

#461 Guest_Grisen skriker_*

Guest_Grisen skriker_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2005 - 08:07 PM

Mac only so far

Bapman

#462 Guest_Alexander_*

Guest_Alexander_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2005 - 10:29 PM

Does Ken Rubestien ever play fretless? Alexander

#463 Guest_VICK_*

Guest_VICK_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2005 - 05:52 PM

Does Ken Rubestien ever play fretless? Alexander

I don't think so, but you never know? Ken is a very unique and original Guitarist/Musician with or without Frets though..........V

#464 Guest_Stefan_*

Guest_Stefan_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2005 - 11:41 PM

the duck is now on your guitarplayer.com

#465 Guest_VICK_*

Guest_VICK_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2005 - 11:46 PM

Funny.................Maybe some of you might like to help me re-pump this FretLess Guitar thread on Guitar Player.com I understand if you don't, but if you spread it!!!!!!!!!!
VVV

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users