#856 User is offline   jahloon 

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 26 February 2008 - 09:47 PM

View PostBent-Tonation, on Feb 26 2008, 04:48 PM, said:

Let Freedom Ring! :D :lol: :lol:

Ding DONG! :ninja:
Play the blues guitar with your soul, but play the fretless guitar with your spirit.

#857 User is offline   Edward Powell 

• Lesser Gaggle
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Hon Member

Posted 10 March 2008 - 10:43 AM

There are a lot of good UNUN tracks on the Vill. CD.

Is UNUN allowed to post some of those tracks even if I can't contact the artist?
www.edwardpowell.com

#858 User is offline   jahloon 

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2008 - 12:36 PM

View PostEdward Powell, on Mar 10 2008, 10:43 AM, said:

Is UNUN allowed to post some of those tracks even if I can't contact the artist?

I would say post a 60 second sample, then a link to either buy or purchase the track from i-tunes etc.

Don't post Yan Vagh's track though, its subject to copywright as it was co-written with another artist.
Play the blues guitar with your soul, but play the fretless guitar with your spirit.

#859 User is offline   Edward Powell 

• Lesser Gaggle
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Hon Member

Posted 10 March 2008 - 02:29 PM

View Postjahloon, on Mar 10 2008, 01:36 PM, said:

View PostEdward Powell, on Mar 10 2008, 10:43 AM, said:

I would say post a 60 second sample, then a link to either buy or purchase the track from i-tunes etc.

Don't post Yan Vagh's track though, its subject to copywright as it was co-written with another artist.

maybe it would be best to try to contact those particular artists to see if they have some new material to offer...
do you have contact info for;
-Deniz Atalay
-Vassilis Ketentzoglou
-Sandor Szabo
?

...another questions - How many copies of Village were printed? And, for your experience now with seeing how well they are "moving", how many copies would you recommend printing of the UNUN compilation, or do you think these days it is even worth printing hard copies - in favour of an MP3 (shit) Album? (in order not to lose money and waste plastic)
www.edwardpowell.com

#860 User is offline   jahloon 

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2008 - 04:43 PM

View PostEdward Powell, on Mar 10 2008, 02:29 PM, said:

maybe it would be best to try to contact those particular artists to see if they have some new material to offer...
do you have contact info for;
-Deniz Atalay
-Vassilis Ketentzoglou
-Sandor Szabo

...another questions - How many copies of Village were printed? And, for your experience now with seeing how well they are "moving", how many copies would you recommend printing of the UNUN compilation, or do you think these days it is even worth printing hard copies - in favour of an MP3 (shit) Album? (in order not to lose money and waste plastic)

All contacts are in the artist's section.

Economics looked correct for a 1000 print run, but I still have 600 (ish) so its running at quite a loss considering 200+ went promotional.

The best option is to do what the guys at GtrOblq have done, produce the CD, then supply it to an on-demand manufacturer, such as www.kunaki.com that way if you just want one, you get one, ten you get ten etc.. Each artist goes and buys the number they need.

There are a few things to sort before manufacture, performing rights, legal contracts, bar-code for the album, electronic distribution etc. Might be best on a direct e-mail rather than discuss on the board.

#861 User is offline   jahloon 

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 April 2008 - 09:07 AM

Hi all,

I've signed Village of the Unfretted up for the "Just Plain Folks" award 2008/2009.

More news as and when. :rolleyes:

#862 Guest_V_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 24 April 2008 - 01:48 PM

Hi all,

I've signed Village of the Unfretted up for the "Just Plain Folks" award 2008/2009.

More news as and when.

Great news Jah............Keep us posted..............

#863 User is offline   fretlessnewbie 

• Gaggle
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 September 2010 - 03:06 PM

View Posttransient, on 22 February 2005 - 06:38 PM, said:

Jewel or paper case, it doesn't matter for me. It could be paper to keep the costs low. Besides, jewel cases add a lot to the package weight when shipping, pushing the shipping costs up. And they have a tendancy to break during shipping.

emre

so do CDs if packed in paper sleeves, personal experience here lol

#864 User is offline   jahloon 

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:58 PM

View Postfretlessnewbie, on 14 September 2010 - 03:06 PM, said:

View Posttransient, on 22 February 2005 - 06:38 PM, said:

Jewel or paper case, it doesn't matter for me. It could be paper to keep the costs low. Besides, jewel cases add a lot to the package weight when shipping, pushing the shipping costs up. And they have a tendancy to break during shipping.

emre

so do CDs if packed in paper sleeves, personal experience here lol

That has to be a record - five and a half years to reply to a post!!! :lol:

Share this topic:

• (58 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users