Map The Village

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Alphon5e5_*

Guest_Alphon5e5_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2005 - 12:02 AM

Hello Fretless Wonders!
It has been a little while since NYC and I hope you are all well.
If youdo not know, there is a new forum site called Frapper where groups map themselves and have options to share photos, links, and messages.
It is a free site and only takes an email address to register.
As a service to the Fretless community and to show continued support from behind and in front of the Kit i started a map and it can be found at the link below.

Although the big apple always tries to take a bite out of G5, I was proud to serve and support the festival and all involved.

Power Positive,
G5
www.wayangmodern.com

http://www.frappr.co...eoftheunfretted

:blink:

#2 Kai

Kai

Lesser Gaggle

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 03:23 AM

Kewl! :blink:
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side..." - Hunter S. Thompson
C# Orchestra on Soundcloud

#3 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,162 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 07:32 AM

Oh my,

Love the zoom in on the satellite image, I can see you waving Kai.

Jah
Play the blues guitar with your soul, but play the fretless guitar with your spirit.
Author of the book "Fretless Guitar The Definitive Guide" fretlessguitar.co.uk

#4 Kai

Kai

Lesser Gaggle

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 02:47 PM

Actually, I'm not there at the moment, but soon will be. Le Ville de Montreal has a cool Java-based viewer with even better satellite pix (though not quite at read-license-plates-at-the-Kremlin quality) and many other layers of data you can overlay. Indispensable when I was apartment-hunting. You almost could see me waving if I was outside my apartment building (which is about a mile from Lubo's house):

Posted Image
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side..." - Hunter S. Thompson

#5 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,162 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 04:21 PM

That is quite specacular, the sat pic of Unfretted HQ is very poor res, about three houses per pixel at a guess.

Plus the nearest it would put my location was at a hardstore shop in Wigan, 6 miles away.

Jah
Play the blues guitar with your soul, but play the fretless guitar with your spirit.

#6 Guest_VVV_*

Guest_VVV_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2005 - 03:56 PM

Nice!!!!!!!!!!

#7 Kai

Kai

Lesser Gaggle

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 04:25 PM

the nearest it would put my location was at a hardstore shop in Wigan, 6 miles away.

Jah

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can move the locator pin in a more fine-tuned way if you go into your "Jeff Berg's Frappr" area. Zoom way in, scroll over/around if need be, and just grab the pin and drag it to the appropriate spot.

Mine isn't at my house or neighborhoood, but rather where I will be spending most waking hours.

#8 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,162 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 08:48 PM

Hey, its done, magic!

JAh

#9 Ed DeGenaro

Ed DeGenaro

Lesser Gaggle

• Hon Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 08:54 PM

Hey, its done, magic!

JAh

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mine too!

#10 Kai

Kai

Lesser Gaggle

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 09:13 PM

Hey, its done, magic!

JAh

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Right nice little English village you live in, Jah! Can almost see the lorries swerving to avoid the sheep at the crossings just outside the town... ;)

#11 Kai

Kai

Lesser Gaggle

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 03:53 AM

I see Luca has added Italy to the Village Map, with a molto bene hi-res version of that pic we've seen before as well!

If you reading, Luca:

1) what's that on the nut of your guitar?

2) what kind of tuners are those?

The colors on the body are really nice - the copper(?) pickguard is very classy paired with the wine red body.

Nice to get a really good look at it.

#12 Newbie Brad

Newbie Brad

Lesser Gaggle

• Hon Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 02:58 PM

I've seen Reggie Wooten use one of those I think it's a mute you can slide on or off. That's a really nice looking Strat.
www.3pupsmusic.com

www.facebook.com/3pupsmusic

www.reverbnation.com/3pupsmusic

www.youtube.com/3pupsmusic

www.cafepress.com/3pupsmusic

www.archive.org/search.php?query=3pupsmusic

#13 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,162 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 01:46 PM

Well, I just fine tuned the map. Very detailed, even has my old maroon BMV on the drive, which puts the pic between July 2000 and March 2002. As there is no sign of the giant mutant conifer (AKA The Batcave) which would have obscured the car, I guess it must be after June 2001.

J

#14 Kai

Kai

Lesser Gaggle

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 04:27 AM

Well, I just fine tuned the map. Very detailed, even has my old maroon BMV on the drive, which puts the pic between July 2000 and March 2002. As there is no sign of the giant mutant conifer (AKA The Batcave) which would have obscured the car, I guess it must be after June 2001.

J

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Seeing as you live on a road called Larch Close, might that conifer have been a larch? (Cue Python voiceover: ".....the Larch...")

#15 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,162 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 09:07 AM

Seeing as you live on a road called Larch Close, might that conifer have been a larch? (Cue Python voiceover: ".....the Larch...")

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes it did contribute a deal of hilarity when I moved in.

It could have been a larch but thinking about it, possibly more likely to be some form of Spruce - ryhmes with....

Jah

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users