#1 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,162 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 12:31 PM

Bout time we had a thread for these.

Just finished viewing Ed DeGenaro's performance at the knitting factory on Monday Night.

Quite a delight, even with free bananas.

Stunning guitar from Ed and Eric "The Duck" Rhodes, but who is on bass and drums?

Jah
Play the blues guitar with your soul, but play the fretless guitar with your spirit.
Author of the book "Fretless Guitar The Definitive Guide" fretlessguitar.co.uk

#2 Kai

Kai

Lesser Gaggle

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 01:56 PM

Link to Ed's two (large) vids:

http://www.unfretted...findpost&p=7695

Monday, 12th Sept., 2005

And yeah, who were those masked men?
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side..." - Hunter S. Thompson
C# Orchestra on Soundcloud

#3 Guest_VVV_*

Guest_VVV_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2005 - 04:00 PM

Get ready because more are on the way. I have had alittle delay due to performances, work and various equipment troubles, but perhaps later today (12.03.05) JahLoon's NYC short Video will be up with alittle of the Rhodes...............MV

#4 Ed DeGenaro

Ed DeGenaro

Lesser Gaggle

• Hon Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 05:36 PM

Just finished viewing Ed DeGenaro's performance at the knitting factory on Monday Night.

Stunning guitar from Ed and Eric "The Duck" Rhodes, but who is on bass and drums?

Jah

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hari Ganglberger on drums, and Orlando on bass.

#5 Ed DeGenaro

Ed DeGenaro

Lesser Gaggle

• Hon Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 05:46 PM

Jah

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hari Ganglberger on drums, and Orlando on bass.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And speaking of promotion...Steve Kimock called me after he saw the vids, seems we;re doing a good job on guerilla PR.

#6 Guest_VVV_*

Guest_VVV_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2005 - 09:56 PM

Steve Kimock

Beautiful with more to come here in the next hour. Also, I am doing Videos as very short group Videos because if we plan releasing any of this for $$$ we need be careful. That is the same reason I did the Audio Files with 1 file for each night with all oif the Artists..................MV

#7 Michael ATONAL Vick

Michael ATONAL Vick

Lesser Gaggle

• Hon Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 10:06 PM

Posted Image
Jahloon and EricRhodes LIVE NYC 09.12.05 :: play :: mpg

Here are shorts of Jahloon and The Eric Rhodes Band from night 3 of the NYC Fretless Guitar Festival 2005.
music by: JahLoon, Eric Rhodes and VVV :: lyrics by: JahLoon and Eric Rhodes
produced by: MV :: directed by: MV with Tim Worrell

MAV

#8 Michael ATONAL Vick

Michael ATONAL Vick

Lesser Gaggle

• Hon Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 10:32 PM

Posted Image
Unfretted Festival VVV-Style......... :: play :: mpg

Here is Promo Video of VVV and the NYC UnFretted Guitar Festival 2005 plus a sample of Vick's Fretless Guitar WorkShop from 12.02.05 at HungryMonkMusic.com
music by: VVV w/ G5 :: lyrics by: VVV
produced by: VVV :: directed by: VVV and G5

VVV

#9 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,162 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 12:11 AM

Posted Image
Jahloon and EricRhodes LIVE NYC 09.12.05 :: play :: mpg

Here are shorts of Jahloon and The Eric Rhodes Band from night 3 of the NYC Fretless Guitar Festival 2005.
music by: JahLoon, Eric Rhodes and VVV :: lyrics by: JahLoon and Eric Rhodes
produced by: MV :: directed by: MV with Tim Worrell

MAV

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey, I like it short. If you can't say it in ten seconds, you cain't say it.

Jah
Play the blues guitar with your soul, but play the fretless guitar with your spirit.
Author of the book "Fretless Guitar The Definitive Guide" fretlessguitar.co.uk

#10 Guest_V_*

Guest_V_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2005 - 12:55 AM

Jah

There is obviously more coming, and Thanks about the short because of what I mentioned early we just want to give an taste and still make the point. Also, to me from what I have in the A/V deptartment from the Festival, it speaks to the listener in a much different way than the "Village...." CDs do. This is a very good thing too and as you know, happened very naturally...................V

Steve Kimock called me

Also, tell him that "Lute palyers spend have their time tuning and the other half playing out of tune, originally." He probably knows this, and if you don't know what I am talking about then check out the new Guitar Player mag DEC. and look for Kimmock. It is a great read too. Wait a minute, I am talking to Big Ed, and I know you already this. Watch too, for your short Video coming up. You might be surprised by the pairing, think VigierGuitars.com................V

#11 Guest_Quack, Quack, Quack_*

Guest_Quack, Quack, Quack_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2005 - 01:07 AM

I luv these videos.................Q.Q.Q.

Posted Image

#12 Ed DeGenaro

Ed DeGenaro

Lesser Gaggle

• Hon Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 03:35 AM

Jah

There is obviously more coming, and Thanks about the short because of what I mentioned early we just want to give an taste and still make the point. Also, to me from what I have in the A/V deptartment from the Festival, it speaks to the listener in a much different way than the "Village...." CDs do. This is a very good thing too and as you know, happened very naturally...................V

Steve Kimock called me

Also, tell him that "Lute palyers spend have their time tuning and the other half playing out of tune, originally." He probably knows this, and if you don't know what I am talking about then check out the new Guitar Player mag DEC. and look for Kimmock. It is a great read too. Wait a minute, I am talking to Big Ed, and I know you already this. Watch too, for your short Video coming up. You might be surprised by the pairing, think VigierGuitars.com................V

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lets see the Franck, Ben, Ed show then! :whistling:

I dunno whether I still remeber when I speak to him next...but if I do I will. And yes I know what you're referring to.

#13 Guest_VVV_*

Guest_VVV_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2005 - 03:44 AM

I dunno whether I still remeber when I speak to him next...but if I do I will. And yes I know what you're referring to.

I know you speak some French too.............MAV

#14 Kai

Kai

Lesser Gaggle

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 12:48 AM

Hey, Eddie!

These vids, along with a lot of other stuff, were starting to take up too much space on the laptop (and gotta make room for the next batch, not to mention the iTunes collection that ate Chicago), so I off-archived them onto CD along with some of the Mikey Guitar demos from his site, etc.

While at it, I figured why not print a nice design, with notes, on the CD itself:

Posted Image
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side..." - Hunter S. Thompson
C# Orchestra on Soundcloud

#15 Ed DeGenaro

Ed DeGenaro

Lesser Gaggle

• Hon Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 01:26 AM

Hey, Eddie!

These vids, along with a lot of other stuff, were starting to take up too much space on the laptop (and gotta make room for the next batch, not to mention the iTunes collection that ate Chicago), so I off-archived them onto CD along with some of the Mikey Guitar demos from his site, etc.

While at it, I figured why not print a nice design, with notes, on the CD itself:

Posted Image

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll never live my complaining down!!! :blink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users