Edward Powell

Lesser Gaggle

• Hon Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 09:27 AM

HEMEN SAROD FOR SALE
Hi Friends
A trusted friend has informed me of his wish to sell his authentic HEMEN sarod which is in excellent condition. Here are a few words from him about this sarod.

"If you're looking for a fine, rare sarod that's ready for concert performing and recording you've come to the right place. This is a one-piece sarod made by the late great Hemen Sen, the best maker for sarods throughout the second half of the twentieth century. Unmatched, especially in their sound quality, nearly all major sarod masters play his instruments. Since the death of Hemen Sen in 2010, finding one of his sarods, especially in great condition, is quite unusual.

This instrument was played for a few months by a student of Ali Akbar Khan, 45 years ago. The skin was replaced by Montino Bourbon, a well-known disciple of Ali Akbar Khan, who considered this to be one of the better Hemen sarods received by the Ali Akbar College of Music in the early 1970s."

Here are some pics and a sound clip (unfortunately he himself is not an advanced player, but at least the quality of the instrument can be discerned).

If you are interested or would like more info, please feel free to contact me. More pics and soundclip available. Send me an email at epowell2007@gmail.com
Thanks

pic1

www.edwardpowell.com

#2 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,142 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:01 PM

How much is he asking for it?

Play the blues guitar with your soul, but play the fretless guitar with your spirit.
Author of the book "Fretless Guitar The Definitive Guide" fretlessguitar.co.uk

#3 Edward Powell

Edward Powell

Lesser Gaggle

• Hon Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:12 PM

$2300USD plus shipping from the US.

www.edwardpowell.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users