Lesser Gaggle

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 09:24 PM

Em, you guys are NUTs.

Not, quite balls, but Antony and the Johnsons

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A slight tangent, but ok. As I mentioned elsewhere on this forum, a friend of mine in SF got a Johnson amp - I think just so he could say to other musos at gigs "Hey, don't touch my Johnson."
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side..." - Hunter S. Thompson
C# Orchestra on Soundcloud

#32 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,162 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 12:15 AM

In a sort of a reverse way, I turned down a job with a WP company in the 70's, reason was the company car also had the company name on the side; WANG.

Looking back though, it could have been fun.

:ninja: Jah
Play the blues guitar with your soul, but play the fretless guitar with your spirit.
Author of the book "Fretless Guitar The Definitive Guide" fretlessguitar.co.uk

#33 Kai

Kai

Lesser Gaggle

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 03:51 AM

In a sort of a reverse way, I turned down a job with a WP company in the 70's, reason was the company car also had the company name on the side; WANG.

Looking back though, it could have been fun.

:lol:  Jah

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I went to high school (well, what you Limeys call a public school) with one of the Wang kids (his dad was the company founder). The company later (early 80s?) donated a bunch of their, um, equipment to the school, which quickly became obsolete. (The word processors, not the school, though a case can be made for the latter.)

My very bright pal and housemate in the 80s, Roberta, once had a job teaching corporate drones the ins and outs (missus!) of WP on those beasts. I don't think her title was Wang Instructor, but I like to think it could've been.
:ninja:
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side..." - Hunter S. Thompson
C# Orchestra on Soundcloud

#34 Villager

Villager

Lesser Gaggle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 09:19 AM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There's a village in East Yorkshire called WETWANG and apparently the origin of the name is Scandinavian, all that rape and pillage and humourous village naming, such whacky guys.
V
Fret not thyself - Proverbs 24:19

#35 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,162 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 05:46 PM

I know a wettfahrt in German is a boat race. :ninja:

Jah
Play the blues guitar with your soul, but play the fretless guitar with your spirit.
Author of the book "Fretless Guitar The Definitive Guide" fretlessguitar.co.uk

#36 gazmungus

gazmungus

Lesser Gaggle

• Bollocksician
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 08:58 PM

Poor old Rob....

sorry dude, seems we've shat all over you AU ui

still, it's been emotional.

and when I'm in Germany in May I'll look out for signs that say wettfahrt and take pics of them :ninja:

In a similare tangent the top picture HERE is a genuine place in the south of Norway, I nearly wet my lycra when I saw it on that trip back from Sweden

_
gary

I wonder if Johnson amplification sponsor a band called 'The Wang Gang'?
<a href="http://www.gazmungus.com/" target="_blank">www.gazmungus.com</a>

#37 rob

rob

Lesser Gaggle

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 09:41 PM

Poor old Rob....

sorry dude, seems we've shat all over you AU ui

still, it's been emotional.

and when I'm in Germany in May I'll look out for signs that say wettfahrt and take pics of them :ninja:

In a similare tangent the top picture HERE is a genuine place in the south of Norway, I nearly wet my lycra when I saw it on that trip back from Sweden

_
gary

I wonder if Johnson amplification sponsor a band called 'The Wang Gang'?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

itzok. I've already decided on the UI I'm using. It's hard for me, but I've decide to not be so annoying. (On the UI, that is. Don't go hoping for other changes.)

At least in the picture, Norway looks like my old home mountains.

- Rob

#38 Villager

Villager

Lesser Gaggle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 11:15 AM

See, I knew they were into whacky place naming, and Gary, shouldn't that had had a pic of two girls rather than your good self?
V
Fret not thyself - Proverbs 24:19

#39 Guest_gazzza_*

Guest_gazzza_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2006 - 12:26 PM

See, I knew they were into whacky place naming, and Gary, shouldn't that had had a pic of two girls rather than your good self?
V

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

absolutely,

and absolutely.

It was too cold for the girls to be photographed, so I had to settle for taking pictures of them in the shower later......(actually that's not strictly untrue :wacko: )

There's a place just down the way from me called Skytta,

kinda locally pronounced 'shitta'

makes me chuckle.

_
gary

I smell weekend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users