56 replies to this topic

#46 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 06:09 PM

I live in Booker on the outskirts of High Wycombe. I work in Ruislip as a salesman for B&O.
The name is Jim BTW, I am used to being called Tim though as it is my Dad's name and some doddery relations always get us confused!

And I doddered before meeting your Dad, it was a typo - the T and J keys are only seperated by six cans of Stella.

Fine on the location, 'fraid I'm a bit far up North to drop into a gig.

T
Play the blues guitar with your soul, but play the fretless guitar with your spirit.
Author of the book "Fretless Guitar The Definitive Guide" fretlessguitar.co.uk

#47 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 12:12 AM

Villager, I know how wound up you were about the American guy hiking his own prices with false bids (and its still happening). Now I don't know about the US, but in UK law this is FRAUD, subject to prosecution and anyting else, thumbscrews, the wheel etc. I've been talking to a legal type here and she was amazed it had not been curtailed / actioned.

J
Play the blues guitar with your soul, but play the fretless guitar with your spirit.

#48 Villager

Villager

Lesser Gaggle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 07:15 AM

Villager, I know how wound up you were about the American guy hiking his own prices with false bids (and its still happening). Now I don't know about the US, but in UK law this is FRAUD, subject to prosecution and anyting else, thumbscrews, the wheel etc. I've been talking to a legal type here and she was amazed it had not been curtailed / actioned.

J

That's interesting, perhaps we are waiting for some investigating journalist, this is a very widespread practice and I'm sure the perps don't see it as fraud. V
Fret not thyself - Proverbs 24:19

#49 Villager

Villager

Lesser Gaggle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 08:01 AM

If anyone's still awake the UK one went for 56 - no sign of dodgy bids at all, and the seller reports it his last one.

The US sale ended at over $200, strangely the winner of that "greeneric16 (0)" is now furiously bidding on the next sale.

V :)

#50 thejim

thejim

Lesser Gaggle

• Bollocksician
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 03:02 PM

tsk tsk.
You're a grotesque, ugly freak and you're wrong. Thankyou.
http://myspace.com/fearsomegonad

#51 Villager

Villager

Lesser Gaggle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 02:38 PM

Guess what?

The Seven String fretless is back on sale.

Wonder if the reserve is 400 this time?

Vill

#52 thejim

thejim

Lesser Gaggle

• Bollocksician
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 11:12 AM

I can't be bothered to find out this time, the guy seemed to be a horse's arse. But he has not stuck up for himself on here so presumably he is not local!

#53 Kukulcan

Kukulcan

Lesser Gaggle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 11:55 AM

I can't be bothered to find out this time, the guy seemed to be a horse's arse. But he has not stuck up for himself on here so presumably he is not local!

ugly fret markings.
"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."

#54 thejim

thejim

Lesser Gaggle

• Bollocksician
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 03:21 PM

yeah, looks like someone has left a thumbnail between each line when they played!

#55 Villager

Villager

Lesser Gaggle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 08:42 AM

Well it looks like one of the Jasmine Takamine's is being resold by a previous buyer.

What's really ineresting is that while the first three frets are still fitted, what we didn't know is that the fret slots are cut for the other frets and not filled.

So whatever reason may exist it certainly wasn't meant to be a fretless guitar!

See it / buy it ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...ssPageName=WDVW

#56 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 09:44 AM

Well it looks like one of the Jasmine Takamine's is being resold by a previous buyer.

What's really ineresting is that while the first three frets are still fitted, what we didn't know is that the fret slots are cut for the other frets and not filled.

So whatever reason may exist it certainly wasn't meant to be a fretless guitar!

Nice thing is a realistic buy it now price of $99

--j

#57 Bassplayer

Bassplayer

Gaggle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 02:06 AM

Is anyone still on this thread. I was selling and making the fretless takamimne, I was not ripping anyone off. I had several people buy a few at the time cause they loved them and cheap. I used cheap guitars just to see if it was cool or not. Ripped the frets out filled them harshly and sold a few. I only bought one guitar at a time and sold one. Not sure about UK guy but maybe he resold mine. I actually was just doing this to kind of make a prototype. I am a bass player but was intrigued. I actually have a provisional patent on it and looking to team up with someone. I am not a bad person. Just an inventor. I did have one listing that I didn't have a reserve set and I told the guy I couldn't sell it that cheap. I was also selling outside of eBay on some so maybe they resold? The leaving in of the first three frets I thought solved the problem of slight finger placement being off.

993terrace@gmail.com if you want to talk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users