Photo

Takamine fretless alert!

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#16 Guest_gary - innit_*

Guest_gary - innit_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2005 - 02:50 PM

I think this person deserves a chapter in 'The Village of the Fretless'...

......the 1st 3 frets so you can still play chords indeed :D

_
gary

#17 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 10:59 PM

I think this person deserves a chapter in 'The Village of the Fretless'...

Consider it done.

Some nice fretless on e-bay at the moment, a Godin Multiac, a Glissentar, a really nice JJ Helms, and guess what? Villager's mate is at it again with the dodgy Jasmine (made by Takamine) acoustic.

(Sorry to beat you to it Villager, but it saves on your blood pressure.)

--J
Play the blues guitar with your soul, but play the fretless guitar with your spirit.
Author of the book "Fretless Guitar The Definitive Guide" fretlessguitar.co.uk

#18 Villager

Villager

Lesser Gaggle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 08:35 AM

I had a look at other items he had for sale, the same phantom bidders push the price up. My blood pressure is up. V
Fret not thyself - Proverbs 24:19

#19 Villager

Villager

Lesser Gaggle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 10:28 AM

I had a look at other items he had for sale, the same phantom bidders push the price up. My blood pressure is up. V

Now ebay is identifying the phantom bidders with a link that says "Not a Registered User" so in future the phantom bidders will have to be real. I guess this will close a few loopholes but there is still nothing to stop anyone operating multiple ebay accounts. - Vill

#20 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 10:59 PM

Now ebay is identifying the phantom bidders with a link that says "Not a Registered User" so in future the phantom bidders will have to be real.

Vill, I think you missed the point, if that person is not a registered user, it can mean that their membership has lapsed or that they have been suspended from ebay. Either way, they are no longer able to buy or sell until they are reinstated. :D
Play the blues guitar with your soul, but play the fretless guitar with your spirit.

#21 Villager

Villager

Lesser Gaggle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 10:20 AM

Vill, I think you missed the point, if that person is not a registered user, it can mean that their membership has lapsed or that they have been suspended from ebay. Either way, they are no longer able to buy or sell until they are reinstated. :D

Ah yes, all is clear now. I suspect suspension, because that one user won every auction and yet only had a single purchase (1) listed by their name. - Vill (a lot happier)

#22 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 12:03 AM

Hey, and Villager, your mate is at it again, different names this time. But also check out the Tom Baker CD "Sounding the Curve" at $4.95, well worth the ackers. --j
(Buy it before it becomes rare!)

#23 tbaker

tbaker

Unknown Gaggle

• Hon Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 06:00 AM

Well now that makes me downright proud! My first "bargain bin." On ebay no less.

T

tombakerquartet.com
tombakercomposer.com
myspace.com/tombakerquartet
youtube.com/tombakerquartet

#24 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 06:40 AM

Well now that makes me downright proud! My first "bargain bin." On ebay no less.

T

And there was me, thinking you would be upset about the genre description: New Age

--j

#25 tbaker

tbaker

Unknown Gaggle

• Hon Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 06:17 AM

I am on the verge of turning 40. This "midlife" turning of the screw has me in a bit of a tizzy, so I am ecstatic that any description of me has the word "new" in it!!

(I prefer Old Age music as a moniker though, it sounds more stately).

Can you imagine some Yanni fan buying Sounding the Curve, settling down with some incense and green tea and meditating to Desert Music?? Or the Organisms? What an ear bend that would be...

Tom

tombakerquartet.com
tombakercomposer.com
myspace.com/tombakerquartet
youtube.com/tombakerquartet

#26 Villager

Villager

Lesser Gaggle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 10:29 AM

One of the fretless "Jasmine" guitars made by Takamine has surfaced in Poole, Dorset, UK. With an e-bay starting price of 75 and a buy now of 150.

The blurb is the same as the US offering, and it does state "new" so don't know if this is an unwanted purchase or another source of these overhyped guitars.

Have a look if you must, and look after your money! -V

#27 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 11:41 AM

e-bay's a strange old thing, searching .com and .co.uk brings up entirely different results. Take a look at this Green Monster obviously low end of the market, but hey, someone's making them!

--j

#28 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 06:44 PM

One of the fretless "Jasmine" guitars made by Takamine has surfaced in Poole, Dorset, UK. With an e-bay starting price of 75 and a buy now of 150.

The blurb is the same as the US offering, and it does state "new" so don't know if this is an unwanted purchase or another source of these overhyped guitars.

The blurb has changed! It now mentions the guitar is a "Jasmine by Takamine" so it looks like your work has some effect Villager. But the US $95 price for the fretted item takes some beating, even if you add shipping and customs its in under 75. Anyone seen any Jasmine's in the UK? --j

#29 Villager

Villager

Lesser Gaggle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 08:03 AM

Tks for that, never seen a Jasmine for sale in a UK shop, though I have seen an old one, so they have been around a while. V

#30 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 03:32 PM

Acoustics aren't my strong point, and fretless wise the nylon strung type sound really nice, if its steel strings you need 'lectricity. zjz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users