#1 Kai

Kai

Lesser Gaggle

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:30 AM

http://youtu.be/aqAIFEQWGN0

From Madrona Labs, another synth playing device (like the Haaken Continuum or the iPad-based MorphWiz, both Jordan Rudess favourites, although the iPad lacks pressure input, of course.) The pressure sensitivity looks really good, and the surface seems tough. No idea what the cost will be.

Personally, I'd be likely to get the LInnstrument, were it not for the fact that all my discretionary funds for major instrument purchases are now dedicated towards the dream guitar(s). (More on that when I have updates.) The different layout templates in particular appeal to me, and the way the "frets" (the initial tunings of the notes) "disappear" when you go to bend or glide, much like on the Haaken and Rudess instruments, is a key feature.

I really like Roger Linn's work in general, and he's a really nice guy to boot, whose ear I failed to bend when I had the chance (we have a mutual friend in SF, Ira Marlowe, a 1st-rate songwriter that Roger occasionally accompanies on guitar.) He's also been doing excellent instrument design collaborations with Sequential Circuits founder Dave Smith.
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side..." - Hunter S. Thompson
C# Orchestra on Soundcloud

#2 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,162 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:25 PM

Nice toys!
Play the blues guitar with your soul, but play the fretless guitar with your spirit.
Author of the book "Fretless Guitar The Definitive Guide" fretlessguitar.co.uk

#3 Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy

Lesser Gaggle

• Mexicanician
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:31 AM

Amazing

#4 WolfV11

WolfV11

Lesser Gaggle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:19 AM

I LOVE that Linn instrument. That will be consideration for a serious purchase in the near future provided it has good microtonal capability and doesn't cost as much as a Continuum.
12 Ain't enough...
www.ericjacksonarts.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users