UA-62480628-1

Photo

New fretless classical guitar (with two videos)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 les fret

les fret

Unknown Gaggle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 04:36 PM

Last month I bought an Esteve GR-08 classical guitar and had it made fretless by a bass luthier. I choose to have it with small fretless at the side of the neck on each 'fret' just like my Vigier Surfereter. I prefer this over the normal dots at the side of the neck that most classical fretless guitars have. Here are two videos with that guitar. Hope you like it!

gitaarles en basgitaarles in Weert
www.gitaarschoolweert.nl

#2 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,149 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 10:56 AM

Hey, excellent work! Sounds really nice....

Play the blues guitar with your soul, but play the fretless guitar with your spirit.
Author of the book "Fretless Guitar The Definitive Guide" fretlessguitar.co.uk

#3 les fret

les fret

Unknown Gaggle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 12:20 PM

Thanks! I have tried to stay away from typical Turkish nylon string fretless guitar style. Most people with a fretless nylon string play in that style. Although I like it that those are not my roots and I am more into Indian music. But I was trying something different for a change in those videos.

I was thinking if a flamenco guitar would be better to convert to fretless than a classical guitar? A flamenco guitar is more bright and has more attack and also lower action in general. A classical guitar sounds rounder and warmer. But that attack and brightness might be just what you need for fretless guitar.....

www.gitaarschoolweert.nl

#4 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,149 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 01:20 PM

That's very interesting you should mention Flamenco, I had that thought some years back, wonder who will do it first?

Play the blues guitar with your soul, but play the fretless guitar with your spirit.
Author of the book "Fretless Guitar The Definitive Guide" fretlessguitar.co.uk

#5 Broomy

Broomy

Known Gaggle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 02:57 PM

Goed gedaan!

Cool!

Good sound and you nailed the intonation.

Hans

The Quintar Project:
- Popularizing an all fifths tuning for guitarlike instruments
- Youtube: Playing and Building
- Files: Sourceforge

#6 les fret

les fret

Unknown Gaggle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 12:08 AM

Hey another Dutchie? :lol:

@Jahloon. Maybe you? think someone most have converted a flamenco guitar before?

Would also love to have an acoustic fretless steel string with a metal board. There is always something to wish for....

www.gitaarschoolweert.nl

#7 les fret

les fret

Unknown Gaggle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 09:13 AM

Thinking about selling this guitar. It is a really nice guitar with a good sound and playabilty. But I play much more on my Vigier fretless electric.

The guitar has the same side markers as a Vigier, so a little line on each 'fret' instead of only dots as you see on almost all classical fretless guitars. So a bit easier for the intonation.

If you are interested just make me an offer. Don't have to make a profit. Just want back what I paid.

www.gitaarschoolweert.nl

#8 les fret

les fret

Unknown Gaggle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 09:02 AM

Just wanted to let you know that this guitar is for sale now. Was not sure about selling it but I don't play it as much as it should. Price is 600 euro including shipping in Europe. Case included. The guitar did cost me more than 1000 euro. Fretless conversion is done by a professional luthier.

www.gitaarschoolweert.nl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users