UA-62480628-1

Photo

Nylon strings, Piezo pickups, and Rolandish Modellers.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rob

rob

Lesser Gaggle

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 05:28 PM

Finally re-defretted my Ibanez and put a GK-3 pickup on it. I got the GP-10 and have to say that I am totally having a blast playing it.

I've also been playing it with my Godin nylon string and really enjoy messing with the synth patches. All the electric guitar models are really good here too. But the acoustic guitar models are lacking with the nylon string. They sound really good with the GK-3 though. So, I'm wondering if this is only due to the nylon strings, or if the piezo vs. magnetics is playing a part as well. I'm wondering because I'm thinking of doing a new guitar with a tele like bridge and using the Ghost pickups to build a hex system for it. Anyone have experience with piezo's and steel strings for modeling on the GP-10?

#2 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,163 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 01:35 PM

Gosh, thought I had replied to this yesterday... No experience with the GP-10 but I found that the VG-88 & VG-99 reacted differently depending on the guitar being used, even if both were steel strings with GK-3 pickups. I think Bapman has a GP-10 so has Todd on the Gtroblq FB page.

Play the blues guitar with your soul, but play the fretless guitar with your spirit.
Author of the book "Fretless Guitar The Definitive Guide" fretlessguitar.co.uk

#3 rob

rob

Lesser Gaggle

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 05:51 PM

Hmm, that makes things even more interesting. It makes sense given the way the modeling is supposed to work. I guess it'd be best to treat each combination of guitar/modeler as a unique instrument and build patches just for it.

#4 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,163 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 02:19 PM

Yes, I think that's why other people's patches can seem "not quite right" and the ones out of the box are never really great.

Play the blues guitar with your soul, but play the fretless guitar with your spirit.
Author of the book "Fretless Guitar The Definitive Guide" fretlessguitar.co.uk

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users