41 replies to this topic

#31 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,163 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 11:11 AM

Well, it is his color... And the instrument he wants... But he's old enough to make up his own mind, without anyone putting ideas into his head. At least not about getting a lovely purrrple Vigier, pimped out purrrple...  :) :D

I think you would have to include free slippers. :D
Play the blues guitar with your soul, but play the fretless guitar with your spirit.
Author of the book "Fretless Guitar The Definitive Guide" fretlessguitar.co.uk

#32 The Euphor

The Euphor

Known Gaggle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 06:00 PM

Oh, I would!

#33 thejim

thejim

Lesser Gaggle

• Bollocksician
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 10:17 AM

I already work my arse off, mortgage payments are ruling my life now. But I am defecting to another dealership soon so I am angling for more bunse.... You never know, I may be more financially solvent in the coming months. But at the mo I am living off my overdraft, so flash guitars are not an option at the moment. But then again, do these slippers have pompoms on?
You're a grotesque, ugly freak and you're wrong. Thankyou.
http://myspace.com/fearsomegonad

#34 The Euphor

The Euphor

Known Gaggle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 08:30 PM

I already work my arse off, mortgage payments are ruling my life now. But I am defecting to another dealership soon so I am angling for more bunse.... You never know, I may be more financially solvent in the coming months. But at the mo I am living off my overdraft, so flash guitars are not an option at the moment. But then again, do these slippers have pompoms on?

Not at the moment, but that can be arranged! Also, if you want a "less flash" guitar, I can dent it and sell it as a player. :D

#35 thejim

thejim

Lesser Gaggle

• Bollocksician
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 09:24 AM

you have probably been asked this many times, but why in the name of Nigel Havers would you want to sell a Vigier?

#36 The Euphor

The Euphor

Known Gaggle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 09:35 PM

you have probably been asked this many times, but why in the name of Nigel Havers would you want to sell a Vigier?

Because I would have to spend too much time to get a good grip on the fretlessism, time I'd better use on fretted guitars. And I think it's better that someone with devotion (and abilities) uses it, I can't justify me owning it when I'm not using it.

OF course, the money is also a matter. I'd rather have a decent audio system in my car than a fretless guitar I never use. :D Six months without music while driving... Insane!

#37 thejim

thejim

Lesser Gaggle

• Bollocksician
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 09:04 AM

Shame you are so far away, I could sort you out with audio kit as that is the trade I work in. I am a salesman for B&O but I can get pretty much anything. I would offer you my old stereo from my car but my Missus passed her test and has taken my old car with the stereo in it. Shame really as the stereo is considerably more valuable than the car!

#38 The Euphor

The Euphor

Known Gaggle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 10:07 AM

Shame you are so far away, I could sort you out with audio kit as that is the trade I work in. I am a salesman for B&O but I can get pretty much anything. I would offer you my old stereo from my car but my Missus passed her test and has taken my old car with the stereo in it. Shame really as the stereo is considerably more valuable than the car!

B&O is good stuff. Never seen any B&O car audio. But if they make some then it's bound to be good. I'm not that far away! Feel free to e-mail me at Euphor at gmail dot com, would be fun to hear what audio system you had available. Even though your missus probably deserve a good audio system. :D

#39 thejim

thejim

Lesser Gaggle

• Bollocksician
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 10:15 AM

Pioneer and Infinity Kappa, nothing too silly but good enough. I never bothered with a sub, my neighbours hate me already!

My home HiFi on the other hand- is a beast. B&O 7000 system with Pentas.

B&O never used to make car audio but they are working on something to go with the new top of the range Audi A8. Have not had a good look at one, but it it is going to be quite something......

#40 The Euphor

The Euphor

Known Gaggle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 12:10 PM

Yeah, no sub needed for my taste in music. I was thinking in the lines of 6" front door speakers and 6"x9" in the rear "hat shelf". It was cut and ready when I bought the car, so it makes most sense. A 4x50 watt CD player would do fine as well. I'd rather have good sound than lots of bass... :D

Also, the Vigier needs to go sooner or later. Offers are welcome, as always. :)

#41 thejim

thejim

Lesser Gaggle

• Bollocksician
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 12:35 PM

If you are going the subless route it is a good idea to use an amp for the six by nines, it makes a huge difference and needn't be expensive.

As to the vigier, I shall have to see how my new job goes. But it is a guitar that I have vowed to own....... and you only live once!

#42 The Euphor

The Euphor

Known Gaggle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 01:25 PM

If you are going the subless route it is a good idea to use an amp for the six by nines, it makes a huge difference and needn't be expensive.

As to the vigier, I shall have to see how my new job goes. But it is a guitar that I have vowed to own....... and you only live once!

True! You only live once! I'll look into the amp for the 6"x9". My car is a '73, so the electronics would like as few power sucking stuff as possible... :D But thanks for the info! :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users