No replies to this topic

#1 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,162 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 10:11 PM

GoGo Penguin are a jazz trio from Manchester gaining many awards and certainly pioneering a new music. You can Google them, well worth a listen.

However I am trying to track down a London based Jazz Guitar trio Circa 2001, also known as Go Go Penguin, maybe from the guitarist's habit of sitting on a bar stool when playing waddling his feet back and forth, much like a penguin.

It was the guitarist of the 2001 Go Go Penguin that turned me on to Thomastic Infeld strings, saying they were outstanding for Jazz, so I ordered some flat wounds (I was still fretted then) and restrung my Gibson 330 and suddenly it was a brilliant jazz guitar. I would like to get in touch and thank him for that advice, I use the Thomastic Infeld strings on nearly all of my guitars now, and the KR116's on the classical Godins.

Without those strings on the Godin Multiac and Godin Glissentar they would not be the brilliant instruments they are, like a car or a bike, the most dramatic change you can cheaply make is changing the tyres, on a guitar it is the strings.

Play the blues guitar with your soul, but play the fretless guitar with your spirit.
Author of the book "Fretless Guitar The Definitive Guide" fretlessguitar.co.uk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users