Michael

#17 tbaker

tbaker

Unknown Gaggle

• Hon Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 12:11 AM

More pics of the glass guitar (still for sale, $1500 or make me an offer).

www.tombakercomposer.com/glassguitar.htm

Tom
tbaker@drizzle.com

tombakerquartet.com
tombakercomposer.com
myspace.com/tombakerquartet
youtube.com/tombakerquartet

#18 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,163 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 07:14 PM

More pics of the glass guitar (still for sale, $1500 or make me an offer).

www.tombakercomposer.com/glassguitar.htm

Tom
tbaker@drizzle.com

Tom, Its been 40 days, how is the sale going? - Jeff
Play the blues guitar with your soul, but play the fretless guitar with your spirit.
Author of the book "Fretless Guitar The Definitive Guide" fretlessguitar.co.uk

#19 tbaker

tbaker

Unknown Gaggle

• Hon Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 07:20 PM

Jeff

Still have the guitar, so I guess it is going slow. I am in no hurry though. I have not posted at Ebay yet, mostly because of time. Things are c-r-a-z-y right now. I would still like to sell it, but will be patient and wait for the right person! You can remove the post if you want to...

TB

tombakerquartet.com
tombakercomposer.com

#20 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,163 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 07:32 PM

Not at all Tom, I'm sure things will work out fine. Nice to hear you are busy, don't forget to let me know news etc. for the website. Any new CD's planned? Or perhaps you are busy with commissions? - Jeff
Play the blues guitar with your soul, but play the fretless guitar with your spirit.

#21 Michael ATONAL Vick

Michael ATONAL Vick

Lesser Gaggle

• Hon Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 07:53 PM

So Tom, how is it with Legato & Chords?
I have become abit more interested over time now. I also wish we lived near each other so I could try it out first.
MAV

#22 tbaker

tbaker

Unknown Gaggle

• Hon Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 06:09 PM

Michael

the legato is great, especially with the built in sustainer. The sustainer pick-up, when not turned on but when selected, gives a pretty good single coil sound. The bridge position pickup is a replacement (Holdsworth Seymour Duncan) and has a lot of power. Chords are the same as I have experienced on my other fretless guitars, the fingerboard is maybe slightly wider than my strat, but the setup is not too slinky and the chords sound pretty good.

Maybe you will be out on the west coast sometime soon and could give it a ride.

Tom

tombakerquartet.com
tombakercomposer.com

#23 Guest_VVV_*

Guest_VVV_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2004 - 06:57 PM

Nice ..................... Let me see what I can do, but I like the idea of new Fretless.
MV

#24 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,163 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 12:25 AM

Tom, how are things progressing? --J

#25 tbaker

tbaker

Unknown Gaggle

• Hon Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 01:28 AM

Jeff

Well, I have not listed the guitar anywhere, and it is still getting plenty of playing here. I am super busy, playing a lot and writing like crazy, so I am not in a big hurry to sell the glass guitar. I suppose I will hang on to it, and see what happens.

Hope everyone is well!

Tom

tombakerquartet.com
tombakercomposer.com

#26 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,163 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 08:00 PM

Jeff

Well, I have not listed the guitar anywhere, and it is still getting plenty of playing here. I am super busy, playing a lot and writing like crazy, so I am not in a big hurry to sell the glass guitar. I suppose I will hang on to it, and see what happens.

Hope everyone is well!

Tom

I think its better to hang on to the guitar. A friend once begged me to sell him my red Hofner Verithin, which I did for 30 quid on the proviso he would sell it me back if he lost interest. A short ime later he sold it to a s/h shop. It would be worth around 800 quid nowadays, so I regret selling it, even though it was not a particularly great guitar, I get attached to them you know!

If you are writing like crazy - are there new CDs about to burst from the Baker stable? - Jeff

#27 tbaker

tbaker

Unknown Gaggle

• Hon Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 08:44 PM

J-

Yes, my past is littered with regret over selling guitars that I wish I still owned. Usually not because they are valuable, but because they have a certain playablity that is unique to each instrument.

Lots of projects in the works. I am finishing the mix on a new CD (out in Jan maybe) of a "requieum/concerto" for fretless guitar. The "orchestra" is a computer-generated score, from samples of a solo bass CD. It is a big project, but it is going well.

I have also been working on other pieces: a clarinet piece (two players each playing two clarinets), a percussion duo for six cymbals, and a piano concerto (for two pianos and orchestra that is all written in quarter-tones with one of pianos tuned a quarter-tone flat).

I have two other "fretless" projects in the works - a dvd of a live performance from this summer, and a new band (quartet with clarinet, drums, bass and fretless guitar). I am writing material for the band, and editing the dvd. I am also starting a new top-secret project with Franck Vigroux, which should prove to be exciting, and writing tunes for a second solo record all based on stories by Italo Calvino.

Who has time to sell guitars anyway?

(Franck is coming here in Feb, we are going to do a show together here in Seattle which should be very fun...)

Tom

tombakerquartet.com
tombakercomposer.com

#28 jahloon

jahloon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,163 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 08:43 PM

Talk about breaking news! You are a busy boy.
The CD for fretless sounds interesting but the quartertone piano project has stunned me completely. I think I have the logostics sorted in my head but that should be quite something.
Very interested in the collaboration with Franck, does top secret mean he hasn't told Ned yet?
You really must do a live recording of the concert, just the thing to cheer everyone up after a long winter.
Who was / is Italo Calvino? (I thought you only did buildings) - Jeff

#29 tbaker

tbaker

Unknown Gaggle

• Hon Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 06:59 AM

Calvino wrote the amazing book "Invisible Cities", highly recommended. Also he wrote two of my favorite short books: Cosmocomics, and T-Zero. The english translations I have are very well done (from what I can tell from my VERY limited Italian).

Buildings, imaginary cities, protoplasm...whatever is handy!

Tom

tombakerquartet.com
tombakercomposer.com

#30 Guest_MAV_*

Guest_MAV_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2004 - 07:22 PM

I look forward to that DVD, Tom...........................vvv

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users